New to group

Options
Mgirgis12345
Mgirgis12345 Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Spent a large part of my day reading up with on this concept. I was aware of bmr but not tdee. After many years of not eating enough I recently uped my calories...after reading this today it seems I'm still not eating enough. Will up my calories a bit tom and see how it goes. Hopefully it budges my weight plateau!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you've done the reading you'll probably recognize the first budge will usually be in the wrong direction than you are thinking.

Just to forewarn you of likely first effects.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Spent a large part of my day reading up with on this concept. I was aware of bmr but not tdee. After many years of not eating enough I recently uped my calories...after reading this today it seems I'm still not eating enough. Will up my calories a bit tom and see how it goes. Hopefully it budges my weight plateau!

@Mgirgis12345 , welcome on board! This journey may not be an easy one, but it most definitely is a rewarding one! On the EM2WL site you will find more about what you should expect during this initial stage and tons of info and support. You can increase your calories slowly to get used to it.

Like heybales said, the first results may not be exactly what you wants but don't let that discourage you!
    www.eatmore2weighless.com
  • Mgirgis12345
    Options
    Okay gonna try to let those scale numbers not freak me out to much. I'm working from 1200 to 1500 slowly. Next step once I start working out is 1500 to 1700. I know it varies from person to person greatly but roughly when can I expect to see that scale drop,instead of go up.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Depends on how long and by how much you have been under-eating - which would then help you to know if a reset of no diet for many weeks would be useful.
    Sounds like eating at 1200. Was that NET as MFP was designed for - or gross eating level no matter what the activity level was?
    And what was the weight loss goal to hit that 1200?
    And what does it appear estimated TDEE is?

What a waste a time it would be (and likely stressful) to think your body is burning fully, and it may be, but as soon as you drop calories a reasonable amount it freaks out from recent experience and slows down too. Then weeks of no weight change.

Then back up in calories to reset more this time.

So ya - generally you'll find that if you are worrying about when it's going to come off already - you'll have some mental hurdles to overcome first - and the process will help you do that.

To keep positive thoughts in mind while scale is going wrong direction from desire - don't make it time based.
    "I will lose this weight eventually, I will be stronger and healthier and more fit - and be smaller".

If you start including time-based goals in there - get ready for disappointment.
  • Mgirgis12345
    Options
    Thamx so much. I just read the post under the group that stated what to expect. Gradually this will work for me...I've got this!!! Even though the scale is up a wee bit I can't tell u how much better I feel already eating more...more energy to get through my daily tasks and so much less binge eating...actually no binge eating so far since I've increased my calories...I always feel satisfied now and incan see from my logs how much healtheir I have been eating...so glad I found this group..thamx for the add
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @Mgirgis12345, great to hear you are feeling good with more calories! Being free of binges is awesome! Keep us posted on how it is going. Meanwhile, if you haven't yet, check out the free EM2WL starter guide: http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=DM&utm_campaign=quick start
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yay! Eating more and feeling better! It really feels amazing doesn't it?!!!! And that is such great news about the no binging! You are doing fantastically well! You've got this! B)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    We hope to see more of your journey!!

Kelly
    Team EM2WL