Hi from new starter :-)

Options
fitxellie
fitxellie Posts: 6 Member
Hi all!

I'm back to low carb WOE.

I have restarted many times. My problem is that I am either zero carb or over 100 grams a day. When I slip up a bit I am upset and I think I have ruined everything and go for more carbs. I need to find happy medium :-)

I wonder if any of you would like to be my friend and share any menu/meal ideas?

I love how this way of eating makes me feel and I'm planning on sticking with it.
50g of carbs to start with and I'll see how it goes :-)

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day x

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to look at my food log.
    Welcome back...
    >:) or o:)
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do it! I always find the first week the hardest, as you get your cravings under control. Feel free to add me, but I have stopped logging, so I might not be much use as a friend :smile:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm at 100g/day. But I lost all my weight at 20-50g.
    Always happy to have more friends.
    My diary is always open, if a bit boring. :wink:
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too and I log every day. Recently came back to this woe myself. Missed it soooo much... :)
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)
  • MandiCole1
    MandiCole1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm starting AGAIN too! Lol. Like you, I'm a perfectionist and it seems to be all or nothing with me...
    Adding you! My diary is locked with a key, but PM me and I can give it to you....let's just say I was vegetarian/vegan for a while, made friends while doing that, and now I eat all the meats so its a little awks....

:wink:
  • fitxellie
    fitxellie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much everyone :-)
    I felt a bit silly writing the opening message but I'm glad now I did :-) you all sound lovely and friendly lol I'm sending you all requests :-)
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back!

Please feel free to add me! I try to log everyday, but I've been fasting and fell out of the habit a bit.
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. I do a little bit lower fat because I was having pain with high fat but feel free to look at my log. I try to log everyday for now at least. Hard to restart and this totally helps. You have already accomplished the hardest part which is deciding to come back ! Your already strong. Keep it up !
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :). I am afraid that I don't log often, I just wanted to say welcome.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm saying welcome back too! I remember you too! I don't log anymore, but am usually here (when work doesn't get in the way, that is). It's great to see you!!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    *waves*

There are several of us boomerangs hanging around here. I'm just now getting back in the swing of things, and going more moderate low-carb than keto.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Mine is open also . . . but also kind of boring. :)
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello - well done for getting back on the horse!! Feel free to add me - my diary is open to friends - it's far from perfect but hey!
    I used to have that same 'all or nothing' way but this time round finally seem to have gotten a handle on it!
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...I wondered where you had gone from my friends list!
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I closed my diary out of shame...didn't want anyone to see how bad I did.

I am the same in that if I start messing up I go all the way and really mess up. My goal is 45 net carbs/day and it is very comfortable and do-able. Not sure if I understood you correctly, but is your goal zero carbs? I'm not sure, but I think that's not healthy. I am new to this WOE so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    Welcome! I closed my diary out of shame...didn't want anyone to see how bad I did.

I am the same in that if I start messing up I go all the way and really mess up. My goal is 45 net carbs/day and it is very comfortable and do-able. Not sure if I understood you correctly, but is your goal zero carbs? I'm not sure, but I think that's not healthy. I am new to this WOE so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No shame as long as you keep on trying! We're human, we give in to weakness more than we would like but it's the commitment to doing our best day by day that really counts.

Zero carb is perfectly healthy. That would be your carnivore style of eating. But I think OP is aiming for 50g as a starting point.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @fitxellie feel free to add me. I have not logged my food on mfp for a while. I tend to be here on the forum when I am not traveling or have visitors. Speaking of which, mum heading back to Australia a few hours ago and that means me back to lchf. Looking forward to feeling less sluggish n bloated!