Replies

• lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Friday's workout
    Week 4/Workout B/ Total Weeks: 4

Squats:
    Warm up - 2x5@ 45lbs, 1x5@ 65lbs
    Workout - 5x5 @ 100lbs - Rested 3 min between sets, but it went well. Felt good. It's definitely getting more challenging! I did stretches while waiting and it seemed to help.

OHP
    Warm up - 2x5@ 45lbs
    Workout - 5x5@ 70lbs - I was prepared to deload or use fractional plates. But, again, I made it. Very challenging on the last rep of the 3-5 sets.

Deadlift
    Workout - 2x5@ 140lbs - I used the Big Girl plates - 45lb plates! Woo Hoo!
    90 sec rest between sets

Saturday's Workout
    35 min Elliptical HIIT - Warm up for 5 min, Then 1 min hard, 2 min easy. Can see progress since starting this last week. My rest rpm's are higher than before. I'm thinking of changing my HIIT routine next week to either walking or jumping rope. We'll see.

Have a good Sunday everyone!
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay! @lwhayes820 !!! 45lb plates! You are killing it with your workouts, awesome job! :)

I can't wait until I get there, I'm so over dragging plates over to stack on the floor to make up the difference :-/

Week 5/Day 10/Total Weeks 5
    Workout, SL B

Squat: 45lbs 2x5, 65lbs 5x5

OHP: 45lbs 5x5

DL: 45lbs 1x5, 95lbs 1x5, 125lbs 1x5

I have to stay using the bar only for OHP :-( my shoulder screams if I go up even 5lbs ( I know, I tried) looking forward to getting the results of this MRI so I'll know what's going on in there and what needs to be done!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would love to be in need of 45 lb plates. Great job Iwhayes. Hang in there on that shoulder 5minty. At least you are still doing your OHP. And you are pressing only 1 lb less than me with an injured shoulder.

Week:5 / Workout: B /Total Weeks: 21

Deadlifts - 105 lbs 4 × 6
    Went up 2 more lbs and 4 lbs from my previous max prior to the injury.

Shoulder Press - 46 lbs 4 × 6
    I know it's crazy but I am just so happy to be able to do all reps for all sets that I just don't want to increase. I was stuck at 46 for so long and not able to do all the reps. Maybe I will increase next time.

Negative Pull Ups - 4 X 6
    I am suppose to report my 5 week progress at the end of this week. I guess I still will even though I am leaving for short vacation to Vegas on Wednesday. I still plan to do my Friday workout while vacationing. Also I hope to eat at deficit for all but one day. We will see how it goes.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Squat 77.5 lbs - 3 X 6
    Bench 50 lbs - 3 X 6
    DB Row 22.5 lbs - 3 X 8

I have reached 120lbs, yay. But not happy with my tummy, would like to lose a few more inches from there...
  • lwhayes820
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DDHFree - thanks for encouragement! Have much fun in Vegas!

5minty - I really hope your shoulder gets better! You're doing really well on your lifts! You get super kudos for doing what you can. We are in this for the long haul

Week 5 / Workout A / Total Weeks: 5

Squats
    Warm up - 2x5 @ 45lbs, 1x3 @ 65lbs
    Work out - 5x5 @ 105 lbs

Bench Press
    Warm up 2x5 @ 45lbs
    Work out 5x5 @ 75lbs. Form wasn't as good as last week. Will focus more next time.

Row
    Warm up 2x5 @ 65lbs
    Workout 5x5 @ 95 lbs. This didn't suck today! It went better since I started pulling more towards my stomach and holding my back tight. And, I did 90 sec rests, too
    See you guys Wednesday!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Sixpacklady, a big congrats on hitting that 120 lbs. So motivating for me to see you get there. I bet you you lose the rest of the tummy fat very soon. Keep focused and you will be talking maintenance calories before you know it.
  • 5minty
    Options
    Congrats @sixpacklady!

Thanks all, this shoulder pain is sooooooo frustrating, not just for this but even for day to day stuff :-( But even though the OHP is a killer for me, I get a twinge with BP, but it is totally doable, so I'm happy I can still do BP's because as of now they are my favorite! (my favorites are always changing :-)

Week 5/Day 11/Total Weeks 5
    SL's A workout today :)

SL's A

Squat: 45lb warmup 2x5/75lbs 5x5

BP: 45lb warmup 2x5/75lbs 5x5

Row: 45lb warmup 1x5/65lbs 5x5

+

Skullcrushers: 25lbs bar 3x8

Shrugs: 2x30lb DB's 2x10
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Sixpacklady, a big congrats on hitting that 120 lbs. So motivating for me to see you get there. I bet you you lose the rest of the tummy fat very soon. Keep focused and you will be talking maintenance calories before you know it.

Thank you :)
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week:5 / Workout: A /Total Weeks: 21 (mislabeled last posting)

Squats - 74 lbs 4× 6

Bench Press - 63 lbs 4 × 6

Bent over rows - 53 lbs 4 X 6
    Note: I honestly can't make up my mind about which exercises to do for the back. Will continue to explore as I think I need to try the bands for assistant pull-ups as they have become very awkward using my current approach.

On a different note, I have completed my 2nd workout for the week and heading to the airport for Vegas in 3 hours. So, I really hope to do my 3rd workout while there. Not sure if I will do any posting during that time.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Deadlift 105lbs 1 X 6
    OHP 47.5lbs 3 X 5
    Pullups -negatives
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Week:5 / Workout: A /Total Weeks: 21 (mislabeled last posting)

Squats - 74 lbs 4× 6

Bench Press - 63 lbs 4 × 6

Bent over rows - 53 lbs 4 X 6
    Note: I honestly can't make up my mind about which exercises to do for the back. Will continue to explore as I think I need to try the bands for assistant pull-ups as they have become very awkward using my current approach.

On a different note, I have completed my 2nd workout for the week and heading to the airport for Vegas in 3 hours. So, I really hope to do my 3rd workout while there. Not sure if I will do any posting during that time.

Enjoy your vacation!!
  • 5minty
    Options
    @DDHFree Vegas!! Ahh have fun and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! B):# sorry couldn't resist!

Week 5/Day 12/Total Weeks 5
    workout for today, SL's B

Squat: 45lbs 2x5, 75lbs 5x5

OHP: 45lbs 5x5

DL: 45lbs 1x5, 95lbs 1x3, 130lbs 1x5, 135lbs 1x3!!!
    Yay!! I was so close I figured I'd go for it! I hated having to drag plates over to stack to make up the difference, by the time I was ready to do the lift I was like what? More lifting? Now I don't have to do it anymore!!!
  • lwhayes820
    Options
    Week 5/ Day 14/ Total Weeks 5 (Wednesday)
    Today's workout SL B

Squats:2x5 - 45lbs, 3x75lbs - Warmup; 5x5 110lbs - Worked on keeping my back straight and core tight as I descend and stand. Stretched during the rest periods.

OHP:2x5 45lbs - Warmup;
    First time I didn't make a lift! Did 75lbs @ 2x4, then decided deload when I couldn't complete the lift even after the recommended 4-5 min rest time. I went to 72.5lbs for the remaining sets and completed 4/3/5. The program recommends increasing weight even though I didn't make the lift. I was planning to stay at 72.5 lbs for another week or so.
    1x5 @ 150 lbs - This went okay. I can definitely feel all muscles and everything working at this weight. Felt no compulsion to do more than this. :#

Week 5/ Day 15/ Total Weeks 5 (Friday)
    Today's workout, SL A

Squats:45lbs 2x5, 3x75 lbs Warmup
    Workout 115lbs - 5x5 Working on breathing and keeping back straight and tight.

Bench Press:2x5 @ 45lbs Warmup
    Workout 80lbs 5x5- No real issues with this lift. Only 90 sec rests. This is an improvement.

Row:100lbs 5x5 - Not my least favorite lift. Going better, form is good and feeling those back muscles.

Had a busy work week - little sleep - sacrificed cardio this week. Plus, felt somewhat drained after lifts this week - maybe lack of sleep - maybe just getting harder?? Will keep perverting.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. I'm resting my shoulder since I'm still have problems, plus it was busy at work working 12 hours day. I literally had no time this week to exercise and I was just too tired. This week will bring on a lot of deloading and will test the shoulder out once again. Have a a great weekend everyone.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Hello All. Back from Vegas... and like 5minty said, what happened in Vegas must stay in Vegas.

Except for the following -- LOL
    So I lifted in a gym for the first time. I went right on over with all the fellas and was not shy at all.

Week:5 / Workout: B /Total Weeks: 21

Deadlifts - 105 lbs 4 × 6

Shoulder Press - 45 lbs 4 × 7
    Had to go from 46 to 45 since they did not have fractionals in the gym but I added an extra rep

Assisted Pull Ups with machine - 4 X 10
  • DDHFree
    Options
    5 Week Results – (Total Weeks 17 to 21)

Progress
    Weight: from 127.2 lbs to 125 lbs
    Total fat loss: 2.2 lbs.
    Average fat loss: 0.44 lbs per week

Measurements:
    Lost inches from stomach, hips, and thighs

Pictures:
    See progression photo under my profile. I will leave it there for approximately 24 hours just for you to see. The before pics are just too embarrassing to post otherwise. But I feel like I can share it with you guys and want to do whatever I can to encourage us to keep going.

Lifts
    No real increase due to injury and having to deload

Assessment
    Slow and steady progress. I really can’t believe I am 125 lbs without being hungry all the time. While in Vegas, I was able to weigh myself on the REAL deal Healthometer scale like at the doctor office. I was excited to see that I weighed exactly 125 lbs with my yoga pants, tank top, and sports bar on. I love the way my body is changing. I was able to really enjoy dressing up while on vacation.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week:6 / Workout: A /Total Weeks: 22

Squats - 75 lbs 4× 6

Bench Press - 64 lbs 4 X 6,4,5,5

Pendlay Rows - 4 X 6
  • DDHFree
    Options
    BTW, sorry that the image is so small. If you were looking at the full picture you would see major love handles in the first image. Also, the first image is after the first 4 weeks as I could not bare to post the initial pic. Maybe at the end of the 16 weeks I will upload bigger images because that small image doesn't really show just how much fat I was carrying.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. The time is going by quick and unfortunately I was supposed to be starting on WEEK 6 but I'm on WEEK 5 due to my shoulder and a major deload on all exercises. My week started yesterday (Sunday) with a 22 mile bike ride. It felt to get outside since I hadn't done any bike or runs in a while.

WEEK: 6 - SL

Squats: 5 x 6 @ 95lbs.

Overhead Presses: 5 x 6 @ 45lbs. I'm back to the bar because of the shoulder. Felt okay. I'm more worried about Wednesday's bench press and will definitely go light to test it out.

Deadlifts: 1 x 5 @ 135 lbs.

Cardio: 3 mile run

weight: down 1.5 lbs. since my last weigh in.

• sixpacklady
    Options
    Squat 80 lbs 3 X 5
    Bench 52.5 lbs 3 X 5
    DB rows 22.5 lbs 3 X 8