05/18 Tuesday Day 18 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

Wednesday Weekend Planning Session

Most of us have more flexibility on the weekends and it's often easier to be more active then. So let's start thinking about the weekend now (isn't that what Wednesday is for?) and pick some “moving” activities that we'd like to do. What going on in your neighborhood or city this weekend that you might like to do? What outdoor activities sound fun or perhaps just need to get done? Start planning for the weekend now!

Alternative Challenge: Go out for at least a 30 minute walk today!

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have walked into work today from the bus, and will walk back to the bus tonight for a total of 30 minutes of walking. After work I'm meeting up with my niece to walk on a trail where the railroad used to go through. It's very nice and scenic. We even walk on the tracks through a lake. It's very relaxing and I get exercise too! Last week we walked for about 90 minutes. I hope to do at least an hour. Will post about it later. Everyone have a great day! Thanks for the challenge Auna37!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,041 Member
    Options
    This weekend I'm going to the opera La Boheme - that doesn't sound particularly active, but walking around the Music Center and climbing the stairs to my nosebleed seats always makes it a fairly active day. I'll make sure to get up and move around during intermission. :)
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Planning done!

I am taking the day off from work on Friday and traveling upstate to see a friend. We are going hiking (not a very long hike probably). Then Saturday I work all day at a restaurant. Then Sunday I have a first date where we are going sightseeing nearby and to a museum. :) Lots of activity this weekend!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @betsym3, I'm really impressed with your walking dedication! I also have a favorite walk along a lake too, so I know what you mean about relaxing. So happy you are walking with your niece!

@77tes and @meganepreston great weekend plans. Enjoy the opera, the hike, the museum, and yes...the first date!

I'm still mulling over my weekend plans....

• CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sitting too much today. Ugh!! Standing for the last 45 minutes of my workday.
  • mishavant82
    mishavant82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work Saturday so my best goal is a 15,000 step count and a 35 min barre workout. Sunday will be a river valley walk and swimming! Yay!
  • betsym3
    Options
    @betsym3, I'm really impressed with your walking dedication! I also have a favorite walk along a lake too, so I know what you mean about relaxing. So happy you are walking with your niece!

@77tes and @meganepreston great weekend plans. Enjoy the opera, the hike, the museum, and yes...the first date!

I'm still mulling over my weekend plans....

Thank you "themedalist"! We had a great walk for about an hour and 15 minutes. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures @betsym3 and the duck is great!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Thanks themealist!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a long weekend here in Canada. May 2-4 weekend for Victoria Day on Monday. The weather is supposed to be great. Looking forward to having friends over for fireworks, sitting outside, maybe some gardening if I can and opening up the doors and windows while I organize.

Today my hubby and I to my girls to the Justin Beiber concert it Toronto (amazing by the way) and we walked around.