Weekly Post 09.05. - 15.05.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Starting a day late....very busy 4 days off...too much alcohol and not alot of sleep from Sunday to Monday...but it was all alot of fun and I biked 75km divided into 2 tours. Haven't biked much in the last 2 yrs, so I was very happy with that.

Impressions of 4 days off….no one can say, I don’t know, how to enjoy life ;-)
The 75k on my bike and a days work at the renovation site helped keep my scale in check…

rurb1odnyb1a.jpg

Fast day yesterday and today went OK. Both ending around 600cal. They were much needed as my 4 days off consisted of alot of everything...sun, fun, food, alcohol and exercise.

Will try to stay a little below maintainance the rest of the week as I'm off work again from Friday-Monday. Won't be much room for fasting there.

Have a great week!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Looks like a fun time, Flumi!!

Had my first fast Monday which, by 5:00, spiraled a little out of control. So managed to do another one yesterday. I'm not a fan of back-to-back fasts because it's so hard, but managed it ok. I'm going to try bumping up my cals to 700 on FD to see if it helps me reach my goal. I'm finding it very difficult to eat only 500 cals these days and usually end up eating way more. I'm guessing it may be easier to up my allotment a bit to help reign me in on FD. I'm still wanting to lose a bit more, however, all signs are pointing to my body finding my current weight easy to maintain. We'll see...I have a dance performance in a month and losing about 5 more lbs would be great, but I'm also finding that being able to maintain my current weight without any apparent struggle is pretty sweet. Have a great rest of your week!!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Flumi sounds like the weekend off was a really great time and so much activity. The weather there looks great and scenery outstanding.

Flossy sounds like a plan to maybe go up to 700 and see how you get on. If maintaining your current weight is not too much of a struggle maybe you have found a good balance.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Your photos are awesome Flumi glad you got out to enjoy all your scenery has to offer!

I had a pretty good FD yesterday, although I topped off my evening with a huge scoopfull of white chocolate raspberry ice cream carefully balanced on a large soup spoon! Yes, I enjoyed that!

When on a FD, do you eat back your calories earned from exercise? I'm sure we've all discussed this several times on other threads, but I think I've changed my opinion now. When I first stated this and needing to lose weight, I tried my best to never eat back calories earned thru my daily walking. So, eating 500 cals...I stuck to that! Now that I'm hovering on the idea of maintenance, I'm thinking if I earned say 500 exercise calories on a FD, that would give me 1000 calories to eat!! That's a lot, or maybe just scale that back a bit and eat half... I'd be quite satisfied with having a 750 cal FD providing I earned 500 exercise cals. I think the power of those exercise calories mean a lot more than they used to now.....for me anyway. Any thoughts?? I'm getting myself confused. :s Is this what you're thinking of Flossy? To eat back your exercise cals on a fast day to bring you up to 700? I'm pretty sure I'm making it more difficult in my head... I need to think pretty simple, if I need to lose more weight I should stick to the 500 cal FD regardless of exercise earned. If I want to maintain I can up my cals on FD to include some or all of my exercise cals. I've really changed my habits so I'm not terribly worried about gaining back what I lost. I suppose my new goal could be making sure I get around 500 exercise calories each day and not worry about what I'm eating so much! I'll have to think about that some more.... My dust bunnies are getting me distracted!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that I will be out of touch for a bit as grandparent duties call. I will try not to overeat and finish of the snacks. I will also try to do a bit of exercise. But when I get back I need to get back on the game.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Good luck, Geoff!! Keep cycling and you'll do fine. We will look forward to hearing from you when you get back!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Mama, I don't eat back my exercise cals on FD. I do on non FD. I did increase my non FD cals a bit as they have gone down as I've lost. I basically exercise everyday, some days more than others. But I guess you could add your exercise cals to your FD cals (so 500 plus exercise cals). I hadn't considered that. I may explore it after I try this first experiment. I'm kind of a lab rat!!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough week, between schedule finagles and stress, completely threw off my fasting mojo!

I have tried to stay on Monday & Thursday or Friday fd. Well Monday was a no go as my oldest son had a minor procedure/test and had loads of running around for my youngest son's honors night on Tuesday night (that I was told about on Monday afternoon). Work was not conducive. Yes, I got to work from home but...there is not one good thing I can say about that work day...Stress to the max!!! Inner >:) showed up

Tuesday morning hubs back went out at gym. Didn't get a full work out. Late leaving for work, so was late to work. Work issue from previous day still bothering my angry monster and then son's honors night with his junior ring ceremony. Commuting traffic was horrific took 1.75 hours on a 1-1.25 hour commute, on a day I couldn't be late. Grr. Afterwards went out to yogurt, my body is not used to carbs (paid for that 'treat' for 2 days).

Wednesday same as Tuesday with last minute meeting @ school for paperwork & details for highschool trip that left today! Traffic, more of the same *kitten*.

Thursday, little bit better. Hubs back has been out all week so I'm basically taking care of 3 kids this week instead of 2. Finally got him to go to Dr today! Love the man and feel so bad for him. Can't wait to get my helper back!!

So...results, I ate really low CALs on Tuesday and Wednesday (not on purpose) so didn't want to fd on Thursday too. Trying today. So far so good...
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh Meg, your post was entertaining... Thanks for a bit of a chuckle! My son was the same with forms too!!! Always found them crumpled up in the bottom of his backpack! Better luck next week!!

I'm all out of sorts today... Yesterday I learned my poor mom fell (parents are in Maui vacationing!) she fell their second day breaking her shoulder, her arm AND her hip, has had surgery etc... They're hoping she'll be able to be released from hospital in time for her flight home on the 22nd! Omg... Just typing that makes me feel sick! I may not log all my food this coming week but I'll try to keep up with my exercises... Not like I can do anything.... they didn't want me flying out there, so I'm just out of sorts is all and don't feel like walking. Off to have a nap!! :'(
  • megemrj
    Options
    So sorry about your Mom, Mama. I understand the out of sorts run. Stress is a killer of a lot of well thought out plans. Try to de-stress as much as you can and not let it pile up before they get back.

That is awful anytime but to happen on vacation and so far from home has to be a nightmare! Can't imagine her pain and discomfort having to deal with all of that. Side note: at least they are in a beautiful place...

Her difficulties def put my week from hell in a somewhat better light.

I hardly ever see a permission slip and if I do it's like the day it's due or 2-3 days after. Can't tell you the number of times that boy has said "Mom, i need ...tomorrow." "Mom, can you make.(insert dish he found on the internet)..for Latin/Soul food/Greek/ day tomorrow." One day it was a purple dish, but not grapes, as he didn't consider them purple enough??? Seems like it's ALWAYS @ 8 PM! Never when I'm still dressed or even on my way home.

Too late to give him back though, he's 16 and already paid for! Love him to bits, so I guess I'll keep him as long as the good Lord allows. :D
  • Juliemoo1960
    Options
    Gosh you have all had such a busy stressful week mine has been calm in comparison. Hope your son is on the mend Meg and your mom is fit to travel after all those injuries mama. My weekend was filled with painting but of the decorative kind and not house. Managed to lose a pound which was good as there was a little booze involved. Let's hope this week is a better one for all.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Meg and Mama, just when you think you've got this whole weight loss/fasting thing down to a science, life throws you a curve ball and you go back to old habits. At least that's what I do!! I had a rather "meh" week last week and today is an extension of that. I hate that feeling of being a fish out of water when you feel out of sorts. Kind of like you can't really see straight. I call it "spinning". My son used to do it when he'd get so worked up about something, it was as if he was playing this loop in his head. I get like that too. If only life were a smooth, linear line. Mama, I'm sorry about your mom...that totally stinks that her whole vacation was ruined by injuries. Safe and painless travels as she makes her way home (benedryl anyone?). Meg, on the days my kids drive me batty, my mantra becomes "I chose to have them, I chose to have them".

Good luck to both of you...let this week be an improvement over the last!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ah thanks ladies! I'm stressed pretty good here so I'm not logging or really checking in as often. Things are not great for my mom as she's unable to put any weight on her foot. Must arrange for ambulatory transfer vehicle (which is not an ambulance!) from airport to hospital near their home...that's if she cleared to fly! We think she'll be safer in hospital than at home (stairs etc)... My poor dad, so worried. Seems life was pretty easy when all I had to do was log my cottage cheese during the day! :s Thanks for your thoughts everyone!!!

Meg... Your son sounds exactly like mine!! I remember at 9:30 pm years ago (he's 19 now) coming to me saying "where is the blue hair dye, do we have blue hair dye? I need some for our team tomorrow, we're all dying our hair" ugh!! And the amount of times my boy said no, he wasn't giving out valentines cards to anyone only to yell out from bed when I'm turning out the lights for the night to ask if I bought any cards anyway....!! It's gotta make you laugh years later, how ridiculous their requests are!! Gotta love them! No wonder the weight gets put on in those years, were too busy doing everything for them!!

I'm so exhausted and can't sleep!!! Buying camomile tea tomorrow, hope that helps!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Options
    Mama sounds as if your poor mum is having a real challenge with her treatment. Just a shame she is so far away from you at the moment. Bless her and I hope she is on the road to recovery soon.
    Today has been a very busy day after I went for my pre op visit before my knee replacement surgery. Not sure of the date to go in yet and although I want to get it done I am such a woos that I am not looking forward to the pain. Just need to keep focused on the 5:2 and continue to lose weight which will help the knee recovery immensely.
  • megemrj
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the replies! I really appreciate each of you.
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I need to log onto here more often - too much to comment on all, but thoughts and prayers and good wishes to everyone for their daily successes and set backs.

I don't eat my exercise calories back of FD, but do allow a little excess on non FD if I put in gym time - mostly in form of extra carbs or peotein. I figure it becomes a double punch to the beneficial stress we get when we fast to exercise AND fast (and I think that's what Moseley hypothesis says).

First FD for me was Monday. Did 150 cal fruit and veggie lunch, and 350 cal beef kabobs for dinner. My plate was FULL of roasted veggies with just enough beef to satisfy.

Today is second FD. I usually do Thursday but have a happy hour tomorrow. Didn't bike today and will work out at lunch time as a distraction. Dinner plans are a little loose - do something with that spaghetti squash on my counter...might put leftover kabob on it? Cloudy day in Phoenix so I'm sure to get a lot of walking in.

Good luck all! Make each day count!
  • klmcneil1
    klmcneil1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Things are going good over here. Weight yesterday was 129.8 ... Granted, this was following a fast day, so some of that will be ephemeral, but my weekly average should come to below 131, which would be fantastic. And it's the first time I've seen a 120-something on the scale since ... hmmm ... that time I lost a bit in college so ... 17 years ago?

I'm going to buy some new clothes before our trip to DisneyWorld in a few weeks (which I'm totally obsessing about, btw) ... maybe something very risque ... like capris! :-D
  • klmcneil1
    klmcneil1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    On the minus side, though, I think I'm going to have to buy a new bra, too. I'm pretty sure my As have gone down to AAs. (I now don't have breasts, I have batteries!) So unfair .... why do I have to lose weight there, instead of, say, from my still sizable saddlebags???
    My husband is joking that he's going to start force feeding me. ;-p
  • Juliemoo1960
    Options
    I suddenly realised I have lost 1/2 stone since I have been back logging all my foods. I think that is the answer to be mindful and see it written down and it really focuses the mind.
    Kim new clothes sound good. I have some old new clothes in the wardrobe that I didn't get to wear much last time so they will be getting another airing
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    @klmcneil1 I absolutely feel your pain. I wish there was a way to transfer a little of my ample backside to my chest. I am not asking for much, but a B cup would be nice. :/