About the food

Options
msmotley77
msmotley77 Posts: 4 Member
What are some of your favorite low calorie meals? Where do you look for recipe inspiration? Have any recipes you'd like to share?
I get most of my recipes from Cooking Light magazine or from the Skinnytaste website. I'd be happy to share if there's interest!

Replies

• MelodyBri
    MelodyBri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Most of mine come from allrecipes.com. When I get a chance (it is close to bedtime right now) I'll share them. They span across all areas of food, Vegan to carnivorous, gluten free to "I love bread" (which should be my motto. Mainly I like to keep a variety.
  • PimpernelSmith
    PimpernelSmith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eating Well magazine, and allrecipes.com
  • MelodyBri
    MelodyBri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mostly allrecipes.com
  • kershner23
    kershner23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My lunch every single work day is tuna, avocado, pickles, peppers, and fresh veggies on whole grain bread. It's outstanding and really kickstarted my weight-loss after hitting a wall for a few months.
  • mar922
    mar922 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly chicken and veggies, I change up seasoning but that's it. It's boring but I know if I am craving it I am actually hungry, as opposed to just eating because it's lunch or dinner time.
  • KaelaGibbons
    KaelaGibbons Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goto is a big kale salad with beans and sprouts and seeds and various veggies with lemon and olive oil on top. Protein, iron (with vitamin c to aid in absorption) and it is filling.

Vegan breakfast burritos. Tofu spring rolls. I find that adding some protein to a mix of fresh raw veg is a great way to get fiber, feel full, get a nice blend of nutrients and not go over your calories.
  • gfelsher
    gfelsher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly the same stuff, but I've changed the ratio. Before, I'd have a mountain of pasta, big piece of meat, and some veggies. Now, it's a mountain of veggies, still a big piece of meat, and a little bit of pasta. My diet is a bit different than a lot of you might do. I do manual labor, so protein is more important.
  • conradzimmer
    conradzimmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My whole diet is based on low wheat and sugar. Eggs, beans and sardines baby!
  • pcvchristine
    pcvchristine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want (I do blue apron so that's most of my meals), I just try to maintain a calorie deficit of 1,000 per day.
  • PudgyFellow123
    PudgyFellow123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Proteinpow.com, my life line when I'm feeling a bit bored of my routine
  • SkylerM28
    SkylerM28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love Skinnytaste! I also like skinnymom. I'm not a mom, but I can usually find good recipes that I can freeze or eat over the course of a few days. I also love some good 'ol pintrest.
  • Tripaway
    Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love food too much to refrain from eating certain things - I have found great success by simply reducing portion size. I still use full-fat butter, heavy cream, and cheese is just about all of my cooking, but I make sure to have plenty of lightly salted vegetables (no butter here!) and smaller portion sizes of everything else at each meal. I refuse to sacrifice my favourite things for the sake of losing weight more quickly! I also find that I binge a lot less if I don't deny myself totally of what I want.