Wearable Willpower

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
Hmm, maybe an alternative to dog food as a negative feedback source?

http://pavlok.com/pages/how-it-works

home-hero-product-image.png?3754848006256003443

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    That seems extreme.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did this in high school with a rubber band. It ultimately lead to me eating MAYBE 3 small bites of food a day. It would work but using it for eating habits isn't a good idea
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    How interesting, thanks for the informative post.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've heard of that with a rubber band. None of that would stop me some days ;)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Glad I didn't feel the need for anything like that! Seems like punishment to me, and I prefer to be kind to myself instead! :blush:
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Um, thanks, but no thanks. See ya later ---- maybe.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No thanks - I'll stick with the dog food!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Ha! I used to try that bad tasting nail polish to quit biting my nails... I would just bite them anyway even though it tasted bad. I mean I bite them until and even after its painful, so if that doesn't stop me, I guess nothing will.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So bizarre. I don't understand the logic behind the concept that the user would shock themselves. If it automatically could detect I was reaching for a bag of chips vs reaching for a boiled egg, that would be impressive. I'm in the positive reinforcement camp. I beat myself up enough without the supplemental accompanying shock.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Heck, at that price, I can afford therapy instead!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Heck, at that price, I can afford therapy instead!

I think the price is part of the punishment. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ha! I used to try that bad tasting nail polish to quit biting my nails... I would just bite them anyway even though it tasted bad. I mean I bite them until and even after its painful, so if that doesn't stop me, I guess nothing will.

When I was younger I was a nailbiter too and we tried that, but it actually increased my liking of bitter foods, lol. Now bitter things are some of my favorites... like raw citrus peel chunks, bitter greens like radicchio, endive, raw kale, etc. I finally just grew out of 'biting the nails' stage.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i25ohttgar6h.jpeg
    canadjineh wrote: »

When I was younger I was a nailbiter too and we tried that, but it actually increased my liking of bitter foods, lol. Now bitter things are some of my favorites... like raw citrus peel chunks, bitter greens like radicchio, endive, raw kale, etc. I finally just grew out of 'biting the nails' stage.

I wish I could stop for good. The only time I do well is when I get my nails done. I usually just do it myself but it takes a while and I've had a crazy busy, stressful couple weeks with more to come. So, this is my current situation. :(
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Start getting regular weekly manicures for a month, it will help you break the habit if you have to be accountable. Don't get gel polish, just regular polish. Ask for a polish change instead of a full manicure and it is usually under $10.00. Also, if you can't make that time commitment, I like Nailtiques to stop brittle nails from peeling and reduces that urge to pick.
    09lsm6e5o3ls.jpg
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to say - I really feel my intelligence level is well beyond this. I know that shocking myself will hurt, therefore I won't do it. So it would be a complete waste of money LOL.
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you try getting gel nails, they are longer and tougher, and they look so great you won't want to bite them, plus they don't feel the same in your mouth. Just an idea, until you get out of the habit of putting your nails in your mouth.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    tishball wrote: »
    Did you try getting gel nails, they are longer and tougher, and they look so great you won't want to bite them, plus they don't feel the same in your mouth. Just an idea, until you get out of the habit of putting your nails in your mouth.

Yes. I do my own. And I don't bite them when done, for exactly the reason you mention, but I do tend to pick at the edges if they're not completely smooth! That's the main reason I have to do my own because they don't get the sides and edges as perfectly smooth as I try to.
    I just did them this morning.
    3dhwqx42jmwn.jpg
    Much better!!!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Very pretty! Job well done.

>:) or o:)