Fage total Greek yogurt
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Peak Triple Cream yogurt, regular or Greek if you can get it; however, currently they are mostly available up on Northern California right now though.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Harris Teeter (a local store brand) plain Greek yogurt.
  • ndelacourt
    ndelacourt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ellenos Greek yogurt. Or plain Greek gods is good and creamy too
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Liberte Mediterranee 10% from Quebec,
    and Olympic 11% Krema (Canadian Company) which tied for winner in Globe & Mail's food & wine testing panel.
    "Olympic Krema (11% M.F.) TIED FOR WINNER

Taste: creamy, with mild dark flavour notes like aged cheese or brown butter

Texture: bordering on ice cream

Non-dairy additives: None

Panel says: “Looks like it could double as bathroom caulking. The pleasures of fatty dairy at its finest.”

TUBHHTT: 5.3 seconds (we subjected each yogurt to a Totally Unscientific But Hilarious Hang-Time Test – TUBHHTT – to quantify texture: how long could a heaping spoonful held vertically hold on before splatting onto a table.)

Score: 4.25/5"

Why Chobani is chalky: "Though most consumers believe that Greek yogurt is just regular yogurt that’s strained of its whey, commercial processors often don’t produce it like that. Some, like Parmalat’s Astro brand, contain milk protein concentrate, a low-cost processed milk product, as a thickener. Others thicken milk through ultra-filtration before they add the bacterial cultures that turn it into yogurt. This way they don’t have to bother draining the whey once the yogurt has set, said Arun Kilara, a top dairy-industry consultant based in Chapel Hill, N.C. The problem with this last method is that the final product contains a higher-than-average proportion of denatured whey proteins, which cause that chalky taste and texture, Mr. Kilara added."
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I make my own and strain it to be very thick, it really is quite easy to do. I use a combination of whole milk and heavy cream to increase the fat content. Homemade "ricotta cheese" is really amazing too, I love this recipe (I halve it): http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/06/rich-homemade-ricotta/
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oikos Triple Zero. Not real great as far as fat is concerned, but I love the taste and there are no artificial sweeteners or added sugar.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Plain Cabot Greek (10% fat version)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    every one that makes their own swears its the best ever, I'd say if you are a frequent yogurt eater, that would be a really great way to go
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Alpro Plain Simple Yoghurt

I picked it as it has lower carbs than most Greek Yoghurts and though its not as creamy it also has lower calories. I get to mix it with blueberries and crushed almonds cos carbs and cals are so low :smile: