Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    :o:( Marla Jean, so sorry you're having such a bad start to your month. Deepest condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I know that's a tough loss and wishing you and your family peace during the difficult time. If it is muscular, maybe some alternating ice and heat in the evening or after workout if you can. Shouldn't hurt anything and maybe it would help. The luv could be on to something too. Hope the new person is able to take some of the load off next week (although I know there's often challenges with training a new person too so it's not always much help in the short term). Do what you can and hang in there!

Thanks! Grandpa was 96 years old, so he had a long eventful life, it was sad, but I was at peace with it, the hardest part has been dealing with all the family drama that comes out of the wood works when a death occurs. Also because he was a Native Elder, there is protocol that I am sad to say I am not super privy too, so I get nervous about offending anyone. I suppose it could have been worse and I know he is onto his next peaceful journey.

Like you, I'm beginning to think M'Luv might be on to something for certain, as when I thought about it my mattress is about 12-13 years old and they say they should be changed out at least every 10!

Thanks for the encouragement!

• brisingr86
    Options
    Goals: Be under 150 for all weigh-ins.
    Move: Actually get all the way through Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, 5x/week
    Menu Plan: Stick to 5:2/16:8 IF regimen and calorie goals
    Motivate: Post motivational stuff at least 3 times a week

SW: (April 28):150.2
    W1: (May 5): 151.8
    W2: (May 12): 150.6

Still failing on weight and move goals, but at least back down close to the 150. Doing better on sticking to my IF regimen. I am posting some motivational pics I liked, hopefully others are enjoying those.

Marla Jean, glad you're finding peace with your grandfather's passing. It is sometimes easier when they've had that long life. Family drama is a pain (hopefully they got it out of the way now and won't raise it again at your wedding!). Definitely sounds like time to spring for a new bed. Hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to hearing how others are doing. Seems like a bit of a rough start, but maybe things improving?
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Yes, hopefully everyone else's May is going well, a wedding too @fitfor30th can't wait to hear more about it!!

Finally got some walking in at least...
    150/1000
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh Marla, I'm sorry to hear about that! It makes it extra hard when you have health set backs! All I have is wedding Stress! Two weeks to go, no rings or dress completed yet!
    W1152.4
    W2 151.6

Weiget getting down th ough!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Two weeks how very exciting!!! I know things will work out with rings and your dress, somehow things always seem to work themselves out...keep taking care of yourself!

241/1000
  • brisingr86
    Options
    ntnfx4f3xkds.png

I like this one, particularly for the weekend.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies.
    v65umhrzc5r6.jpg
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    35wdsruxtkbi.jpg
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    How do you post a pic? It fits now! And my other neighbour just came round and said how unusual it was and she loves it, feeling better now
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Hooray for dress success! There's an icon just above the text box that looks like a page with the corner folded down. Click there and you should be able to browse your computer (or drag and drop). Can't wait to see!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Sorry, one more. Plus I don't think I can lose any more weight or it will fall down again!xw4jrb0ucjh9.jpeg
  • brisingr86
    Options
    That is super cool! It's different, but it definitely works. You look gorgeous.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Goals: Be under 150 for all weigh-ins.
    Move: Actually get all the way through Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, 5x/week
    Menu Plan: Stick to 5:2/16:8 IF regimen and calorie goals
    Motivate: Post motivational stuff at least 3 times a week

SW: (April 28):150.2
    W1: (May 5): 151.8
    W2: (May 12): 150.6
    W3: (May 19): 151.0

UGH! OK, workouts are a fail, but thought I've been doing pretty well on the diet and was able to lose consistently just with diet earlier in the year. Hoping maybe this is one of those times where I see a big drop next week, but it's still frustrating. Under 75 days so I really need to start pushing myself. Finally got invitations ordered and hopefully will be able to get appointment with the florist we'd like to use (family shop down the road from us that fiance has gotten flowers for me from; we both like to support local where feasible) this weekend.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    And I am back!!!!!!! :):):)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    YAY! And looking gorgeous in the profile pic! You look like the classic fairytale princess bride.

I'm excited because our invitations arrived yesterday. They turned out pretty nice (they're nothing fancy, but I didn't spend tons of money so they are nice enough). Wondering about thoughts: I'm thinking of taking a bit of a short cut and printing addresses on labels rather than handwriting. It will take much less time and be a bit neater (can use a script font; plus have the file for thank you cards too), but not sure if it just suggests less care (how much will people notice?)? Anyone have thoughts? I don't think my family will care/notice enough to warrant the cost of a professional calligrapher, but labels vs. handwritten is a bit more.
  • brisingr86
    Options
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the meme posts. These are great! Also, the new dress looks great!
    I am trying to get and stay under 150 too.
    I'm sorry for all your stress, MarlaJean, and your grandfather moving on. He sounds like he will be greatly missed.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    W3: 151.2

Not going to make my goal by next week,but still pretty pleased. Now crapping myself about the weather, as some forecast are forecasting storms and rain all day, which would be unusual for Italy, and our wedding is all outside , really worried!