Exercise Plans that work

Options
gordonest
gordonest Posts: 5 Member
When I'm committed it's good but then I fall off the wagon.
My standard exercise plan is the stationary bike in the morning for 20 to 30 minutes.
On mornings when I don't have the energy to cycle - I do a pilates/ yoga mix.
Tell us what works for you?

Replies

• ReadyforOctober
    ReadyforOctober Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike too. I've used it on and off the last couple of years. Recently I started using it 4/5 times a week but I don't know if I've gotten heavier or what but lately the bike seat is so uncomfortable. I end up working out only 15 minutes.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    The best plan is the one that you do!! ;)(and yes, I know that is way easier said than done)

Now that the weather is good again, I'm finding I am getting out and paddleboarding a few times a week, but if it weren't for the races that I sign myself up for (had three already this month, and one more on Saturday), I probably wouldn't get out as much as I should. Had a hard time this winter getting motivated to do other things like walking or biking if the water was too rough (or cold) to go out on the board. I can be a total slug without much effort.

I also have a Tony Little "Gazelle" (really, I am one of the people that got one of them) that is in my living room so I can use it while I watch TV. It had been gathering some dust, but now that I'm counting macros and sometimes need a cardio boost, it's getting used more already this week.

I also do some kettlebell exercises for strength training, but need to do more; however, one thing at a time.

I did sign up on the site for a plank challenge. I feel like I only get motivated to workout if I have to report in and be accountable.

I have various workout DVDs and strength training bands, but they all currently are gathering dust. I would love to take some ballroom dance lessons, but am terrified of getting paired up with someone icky, so that desire for increased activity remains on my bucket list for now. :D
  • fit62781
    fit62781 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think anything that you like and do ~consistency works. I was in the best shape of my life with back to back pilates and yoga classes two times a week. Only because I was commited and went.
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing (after morning meds and breakfast). I tune into Gilad, currently on JLTV. His Bodies in Motion. and Body Sculpting Plus are do able by mobility impaired all the way though fit and cut. He's energyzing, I am pretty much homebound, but I exercised with him when I was lean and mean, I don't have to leave home, he alternates upper and lower body every other day, you name the type of exercise an he does it. If I miss him at 6am, I can catch him at 9am and at noon. Autotune and there's no escaping!
  • gordonest
    gordonest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - sounds like what's most important is that we all have some sort of plan - I'm motivated by your comments - now that the weather is better I'm walking more - enjoy your Sunday!