shoes?

Options
antennachick
antennachick Posts: 464 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
What kind of shoes do you wear for crossfit? Looking into Reebok Nano and even then I have to figure out which one to order :wink:
And where is a good place to order online?

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I started off with Innov8's 240's but found them too low profile to run in.
    I am now on my 2nd pair of Nano 4's for CF and Reebok Lifters 2 for lifting.
    I love both and I buy them from a local sports store here in NZ.
    I've heard Romaleos are good too though.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I wore Nano 4s for most of my workouts for about a year and thought they were okay. I've been wearing no bulls for the last two months and absolutely LOVE them. I've tried several different pairs of lifters, inov-8 fast lift 335's and adipowers but after lifting in my Romaleos for the last six months I don't think i'll ever switch to anything else. They definitely aren't good for anything but lifting though whereas in my fast-lifts I could possibly run a 400 or two in a workout if it was really necessary.
  • antennachick
    Options
    Good to hear! I just ordered the nano 4....can't wait to try! I need to get some lifters as well, but holding off until I can afford them :p
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wear Merrell Vapor Gloves. I'm a minimalist.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love my Metcons, started with Inov8's but they weren't so good for rope climbs, box jumps and so on.
    Have got Inov8 fastlifts which are great for lifting days, as although not as heavy or solid as other lifters, I find them really comfy and actually like a little flexibility in the foot.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a pair of Nano 2.0's. I have had them for over a year, and they are comfortable, durable and versatile. I heard the 2's are much more comfortable than the 4's and they are super cheap since the 5's came out. For heavy oly lifting and squats, I wear pendlay do-wins.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have had nano 3, 4, and now 5s....I think 4s are my favorite....the 5s would be great if I could get them in a 10.25
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wear a Nike Flex Run. I tried Nano's but they bothered my feet. I have always had good luck with Nike so went back to those and am happy. I get mine through WWW.footlocker.com or www.final-score.com
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Started with New Balance Minimus and they are great for just about everything. Just bought two pairs of Nanos at a Reebok outlet (2s and 4s) and I like both. Just a tiny bit of heel that the Minimus does not have. I still have lifting shoes for straight lifting workouts though.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I wore Nano 4s for most of my workouts for about a year and thought they were okay. I've been wearing no bulls for the last two months and absolutely LOVE them. I've tried several different pairs of lifters, inov-8 fast lift 335's and adipowers but after lifting in my Romaleos for the last six months I don't think i'll ever switch to anything else. They definitely aren't good for anything but lifting though whereas in my fast-lifts I could possibly run a 400 or two in a workout if it was really necessary.

I have the fast lifts as well and wouldn't not want to run in them, but I've done box jumps, burpees and a few other movements in them during multi-movement WODs. Might be my bias against every wearing them outside.
  • kota4bye
    Options
    several of the guys at the box got new No Bulls this week, but I haven't seen them to ask how they like them...the initial IG reports are like Nano 4swithh a tighter toe box. I might have to try them next.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wear an old pair of nano 2's and I have a new pair of Reebok lifters
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got a pair of No Bulls. They are not as minimal shoe as my old New Balance Minimus but it makes them great for running along with other movements. My next wishlist shoe is a decent lifter. I need to really throw out my NB because the No Bulls are far better.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Ive seen the no bulls being advertised - can't get them here in NZ and shipping them here makes them really expensive :-(
  • antennachick
    Options
    Anyone know what the difference is with reebox nano and the Reebok crossfit sprinter? They look the same and tried both on and seam to be the same?
  • mirrors2001au
    mirrors2001au Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love my Nano 4.0's, but have nearly worm them out, tried on some 5.0 and 6.0 today, the 6's were way more comfortable than the 5's.... I've held of to see if any new colours come in, might have to check out these No Bulls
  • kota4bye
    Options
    lots of good reviews of no bulls at our box....I like my nano 5s except they start to smell like no other shoe I've worn. I have to put them in the wash every couple weeks.