Ketogenic from Day 1

Options
Afroditaa77
Afroditaa77 Posts: 21 Member
Today is my first day on ketogenic diet, I need to change my ways. My doctor just told me that I am pre diabetic and very close to being diabetic, that scared me to death, so I decided to try this diet.
Please share with me your experiences and frustrations, we can do it, just gotta get passed this first 3 days.
I dream of the day that I can say "I've lost this many pounds and have reached my goal"

Replies

• Afroditaa77
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the info. I'm also pcos insulin resistant, hypothyroid. Wow we r alike
    Thanks a lot
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the info. I'm also pcos insulin resistant, hypothyroid. Wow we r alike
    Thanks a lot

@Afroditaa77 - Unfortunately, I was IR first, which triggered the predisposition to PCOS, both of which combined to trigger the predisposition to hypothyroidism, etc. Also, these things are very often co-morbidities because one often triggers another or the cascade before we realize how bad the issues are. Or if you're like me, you put off going to the doctor because you really had no idea that the sugar addict thing could be insulin resistance, and by the time you did go, you were so deep in the addiction that it took years to wrap your head around making serious changes, like going low carb... But happily we're here now! Time to change the world. :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I used to be pre-diabetic too. Read my profile for the full story. Am no longer pre-diabetic though!! :)
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    Wow. I didn't know one thing triggered another one. Hopefully we can fight these deseases for good

These 2 last days have been good. I think I ate too much today, low carb but still. I ate a lot of asparagus and hopefully the scale tell me tomorrow and I will correct that from here on.

Sw 200.8
    TW 195
    I'm doing it. And I'm very happy. Drinking lots of water. I craved a sweet drink today so I had a crystal light package, I felt so guilty but it tame my cravings.
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    Today's weigh 193
    Staying strong, but I ate half a waffle at night, not worth it at all. Tomorrow will be a better day
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you like waffles, check out this recipe for when you've been in keto for some time, and are adapted.

http://www.tryketowith.me/2015/08/01/the-only-keto-pancakewaffle-recipe-i-need/

Just keep in mind that sugar substitute will usually de-rail you, and give you the runs, so it's best to use vanilla extract - just pay mind to what extract you buy, because some have either sugar or sugar alcohol in them.
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    That sounds great. I don't like sugar substitutes. Not even stevia.
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    I'm at 191.8. Slow
    SW 200.8. On 04/28/16

I was given cholesterol meds and syntroid by my doctor. Hopefully it will help me feel better. And hopefully the cholesterol Meds won't hinder my ketosis
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Afroditaa77 - why are you on cholesterol meds? Depending on which one you are on, they can do more damage to your body than help. There are a bunch of cholesterol videos others can share with you, but essentially, most statins reduce cholesterol by killing off part of your liver and such. MAJOR SIDE EFFECTS - unless your trigs and LDL are each over 300, untouched by diet, no freaking way would I take them. "Cholesterol Clarity" by Jimmy Moore and Dr. Eric Westman... Please, do you research! (hugs)
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    My numbers where hi and the "good" cholesterol way too low (but all this before Keto). So I got prescribed fenofibratei think is called
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Please remember fat is your friend. To help with sugar cravings, incorporate coconut oil into your life. Eat more butter with your food. Get rid of vegetable oil. The more fat you eat the less cravings you will have.

This video saved my life. https://youtu.be/lDneyrETR2o.
  • Afroditaa77
    Options
    Thank you