Hello....my name is...

Options
Hi! I'm Nichole and I created this group to have a place for us fantastic people to share our experiences and our journey.
I am 36 and been overweight my entire life. I have been successful with weight loss before, losing over 150 pounds. But I put it back on, so here I am.
Please share a little about yourselves and send me a friend request!

Replies

• AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichole!

My name is Donna and I'm very similar to you. I'm also 36 and been overweight my whole life. I started back on the MFP train on the 15th January at 449lbs and would love some company on the way down the scales and to some semblance of fitness :)
  • youwin67
    youwin67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Dusty. I just started back on this site after a long hiatus. I'm 32 and have been overweight forever. I was recently at the doctor and saw the 401 for the first time on the scale and while I waited in the room, I re-downloaded MFP on my phone through a blur of tears and now I'm back and so grateful for a group like this.

Thank you for having me!

Dusty
  • CandyTalks
    CandyTalks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys I'm Aly 31 and I'm guessing 425 (last time at the dr 414 and I know Ive gained since then). I have done this a few times and my last time at it I lost 71lbs and have now gained some back and need to get back on track. This has been one heck of a year and it seems like the only thing I can control is what I put in my mouth. So instead of burritos and burgers I want broccoli and salad. I need all the support I can get, so please feel free to add me :-)
  • Vegan280BringItOn
    Vegan280BringItOn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Jasmine and I'm 30. I currently weigh 343 as of yesterday! Eeek! Always been overweight but nothing like this size until I hit 20yrs old and then the weight just piled up (comfort eating through severe depression really rocketed the weight gain!). Finally feel like I'm in the right mind set now to eat properly and get active! :smile: Hope you don't mind me sending you a request :smile:
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm Hayley. The scales tipped to 425 for me when I was 17 yrs old. I am now currently at 307. I have come a long way, but am looking into getting the baratric sleeve surgery done. I'm all about new healthy recipes and motivating people along with myself. Add me, lets talk :)
  • Vegan280BringItOn
    Vegan280BringItOn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just noticed my message above says I currently weight 343 :D lmao should have said 434 doh! Must have been wishful thinking ;)
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    hey guys , i started my journey 3 times now, i was at 342 got down to 317 stopped and went back up to 346 got down to 308 got sick (really sick) quit smoking , quit working out and refound food i got up to 425 , i am now around 392 i go and down , but need help and understanding as walking and exercise is not very easy right now , i am fighting , hubby got me a fitbit which has been helping !
  • HayleyAnne012911
    Options
    @celewis2011 Any amount of movement is better than before. Every step is a step weather it's big or a baby. Add me if you'd like to, we can motivate each other.
  • _stumpyshark_
    _stumpyshark_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey guys , i started my journey 3 times now, i was at 342 got down to 317 stopped and went back up to 346 got down to 308 got sick (really sick) quit smoking , quit working out and refound food i got up to 425 , i am now around 392 i go and down , but need help and understanding as walking and exercise is not very easy right now , i am fighting , hubby got me a fitbit which has been helping !

I started at 430 and started walking 7 minutes in the morning and evening it's a great start. I'm just now able to walk 20 minutes straight. I still have a long way to go but every step counts.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    Options
    Just to update everyone a little. I hit my first goal major goal! I am officially under 300 pounds. I weighed in at 293 yesterday and started balling my eyes out. So emotional for me. I can do this, so I know everyone else here can to! Keep up all the hard work everyone is doing! I am always a message away for advise as well. :smiley:
  • Afields6780
    Afields6780 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all 36 seems to be the big number! My names Amanda and I'm a stay home mom to my 4 boys and my daughter who I'm adopting at the moment. I really need some friends and support of People who have been through being 400 +pounds! I started my journey 3 years ago and lost 150 pounds. Life happened and I had other things to take care of and have since gained 50 of those pounds back. Most recently I've developed a umbilical hernia and the surgeon doesn't want to operate because of my weight and has tried to force me to have bariatric surgery. I considered it but found out my insurance doesn't not cover the weightloss surgery. I guess I'm hoping it was a way for me to have faith in my self and do it by without surgery. So I begin again, my current weight is 420 pounds. Feel free to add me as I love to chat and get advice from others! Thanks!
  • danifranks88
    danifranks88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am 28 years old and the highest weight I have seen was 461. I am currently 440 and working my way down. Glad to know there is a group out there like this.
  • rose204
    rose204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Rose and I'm also 30 and I started my journey at 447 :s So nice to know that others have also started (or are starting) from a similar weight range. Feel free to add me, will be keeping my diary open to friends.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi all, Jim, i'm 50, maxed out at 593 in 2004, been in the 515 to 530 yo-yo cycle since then. started being serious again on august 1st when i was at 529.6. this morning i tipped the scales, at the doctor's, at 494.2lbs my first sub 500lbs reading since the late 1990's.