Help with the best exercise to lose tummy fat?

Options
viktorija32
viktorija32 Posts: 48 Member
Hello, I've recently joined a gym and realised how unfit I am. I am 5'3 and weigh 74 kg. My goal is to lose 10kg to my ideal weight. At the moment, my fitness instructor set up a regime for me to do 5 to 10 minutes running on the treadmill, 10 min on a cross-trainer, 5 minutes on x-trainer, 5 min on arms cycle, 5 minutes on a bicycle as well as triceps dip, leg curl, leg press and weight lifting.

I was wondering what are the best exercises to make my tummy flat or do you think exercises I am doing are sufficient for losing weight around the waist?

I also downloaded the app: 7 minutes workout which gives you 13 exercises that you can do in 7 minutes. These are: Jumping jacks, wall sit, push-ups, abdominal crunch, step-up onto a chair, squats, triceps dip on a chair, plank, high knees/running, lunge, push-ups and rotation and side plank.

Any other suggestions you could give me? I would greatly appreciate that.

Viktorija

Replies

• viktorija32
    viktorija32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've recently joined a gym and realised how unfit I am. I am 5'3 and weigh 74 kg. My goal is to lose 10kg to my ideal weight. At the moment, my fitness instructor set up a regime for me to do 5 to 10 minutes running on the treadmill, 10 min on a cross-trainer, 5 minutes on x-trainer, 5 min on arms cycle, 5 minutes on a bicycle as well as triceps dip, leg curl, leg press and weight lifting.

I was wondering what are the best exercises to make my tummy flat or do you think exercises I am doing are sufficient for losing weight around the waist?

I also downloaded the app: 7 minutes workout which gives you 13 exercises that you can do in 7 minutes. These are: Jumping jacks, wall sit, push-ups, abdominal crunch, step-up onto a chair, squats, triceps dip on a chair, plank, high knees/running, lunge, push-ups and rotation and side plank.

Any other suggestions you could give me? I would greatly appreciate that.

Viktorija
  • charlenegrichard
    charlenegrichard Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert so don't take this as gospel. Everything I've read about belly fat is diet. Of course, doing strength exercises like squats also help with core strength which works with a good diet. So in short, good diet, build core strength, and you should lose belly fat.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. You can do exercises to tighten your ab muscles, but to lose fat, you need to pay attention to your diet.