Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
13245482_1116880648354898_4833553906803975337_n.jpg?oh=9a5ac5f1223b6a11139e1b6bb61840a9&oe=57D116CF

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hey all. It's been a rough week.

Hope you're all doing well.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I breezed through all the posts I missed! Sorry I've been so MIA! It's been a little rough for me.

Mainly, through a lot of bullying and other things growing, I've always been the people-pleaser who does too much for other people...usually without them even asking. So going to counseling is starting to pull some of this stuff and work it out. It's messy though...kind of like when you clean your house really well and it gets worse before better. I was starting to lose it at the kids and this week I realized that I was actually stressed at my hubby and taking it out on the kids when they would do the same thing. I do pretty much everything to make my hubby less stressed. He doesn't ask me to, but I do and now after 11 years it's become the norm. So had a talk with him about it and I'm pulling back on all the stuff I do for him that should be his responsibilities. Yardwork, packing his lunches and dinner, helping him get out the door for work, etc. He was fine with it all and it will free me up so I'm not so stressed and overwhelmed. It's hard to do a personality shift like that though. I also finally got my house in working order again. So that feels so much better too!
    So, counseling is good for me. But I've had to wade through some deep messes already and I'm only a couple weeks in lol. Training has been sporadic but I'm feeling like a turned a real corner on Sunday so I'm hoping now things will be more consistent. Plus, the kids are done with school tomorrow so that will make all this even easier! I can work out super early, come home and go to bed, and we all can sleep in. They can make their own breakfast and get ready without me now so that will help too.

Feeling hopeful! Going for a bike ride at the Y this morning, shopping at Costco, and a counseling appointment this afternoon. Hubby and I ar taking the kids kayaking at the lake after school until this evening. Busy day, but should go well.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great kids old enough to get breakfast going.

We are driving home after a ton of errands and in bay area Ikea, Rei, Best Buy, Home Depot, we don't have any of those stores.

Feel better have 2 doc appts tomorrow counselor and regular doc.

Now that cough finally gone looking forward to going back to my mini hikes.