Bloating

Options
cbinnd
cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues, and whether it is PCOS related?
I have days where I wake up with a (relatively) flat stomach and within a couple hours I look about 6 months pregnant! And it hurts! Periodic cramps with it too. I have always contributed it to wheat but on Monday I ate PERFECTLY - stayed within my macros (20% carbs) and calories. I even had a good exercise day. Then the next day I weigh myself in the morning. Not only am I up half a pound, but by noon my stomach is in knots and completely bloated. I am flabbergasted.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'd look into things related to low stomach acid and leaky gut. There are a number of things that play into this.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Could it be dairy? I get this with wheat/corn, but I also discovered (when off all corn & wheat) that dairy does this to me too...

I know it's counter-intuitive with bloating, but make sure you are drinking A LOT of water...it helps flush the bloat. (especially when low carb)
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    aSearch4Me wrote: »
    Could it be dairy? I get this with wheat/corn, but I also discovered (when off all corn & wheat) that dairy does this to me too...

I know it's counter-intuitive with bloating, but make sure you are drinking A LOT of water...it helps flush the bloat. (especially when low carb)

It may be dairy - Monday I had a little cheese. What really threw me is that Tuesday morning I had some goat yogurt with banana and cinnamon, thinking the goat yogurt would be fine (compared to cow). I also do need to drink more water! Thank you!