Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

18 Pounds / 18 Days

alecmocha
alecmocha Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
I've lost 18 pounds in 18 days committing to a lower carb, lower calorie lifestyle. In the 18 days, I managed to lose that weight even though I had 2 days with 1 cheat meal and 1 entire cheat day. I've been doing great aside from cravings but just to confirm that I'm not doing any damage, I've scheduled an appointment with a doctor for Friday. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Replies

• Mesemoore
    Mesemoore Posts: 33 Member
    That is a job well done. What was your Carb range? 0 carb or less than 20 carb a day? On your cheat day did you count calories?
    Thank you
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I think people lose a lot in the beginning - mix of fat and water weight. This is true especially if you have a lot to lose to begin with.
  • alecmocha
    alecmocha Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you Meseretmoore. Actually I have my goal set to 65g but average 80g of carbs per day. In the 18 days, the cheat day was the only one that I didn't log but I can guarantee you it's over 3000 calories. I probably didn't log it because I doubted that I could recover from the binge but here I am.

Samantha, I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks for the input.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Don't be surprised if the doctor tells you that your new diet is going to cause you a heart attack and isn't sustainable long term... Though there's no reason to think either are true.
    Congrats on the great start!
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Update us with what your Dr says. I'm interested to learn.
  • Mesemoore
    Mesemoore Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you Alecmocha for the response that is going to help me a lot in determining my carb range I always think I have to keep my carb under 20gram per day if I want to continue seeing a result.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Alec mocha I am about the same 20/20. Today is day 21 and down another. I have a lot to loose . But am starting to question if it's too fast. I also made appointment but it's not for two weeks. Are you concerned you are loosing muscle? I have never had a problem with it coming off too fast but in past I have never cut out sugar and white flour.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    wow, that is awesome! So you stayed under 65g of carbs and lost literally a lb a day what is your workouts like
    alecmocha wrote: »
    I've lost 18 pounds in 18 days committing to a lower carb, lower calorie lifestyle. In the 18 days, I managed to lose that weight even though I had 2 days with 1 cheat meal and 1 entire cheat day. I've been doing great aside from cravings but just to confirm that I'm not doing any damage, I've scheduled an appointment with a doctor for Friday. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    mrzpeep391 wrote: »
    Update us with what your Dr says. I'm interested to learn.

Me too