Keto

Options
Any other ketoers out there?

Replies

• pfeffernuesse
    pfeffernuesse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have borrowed recipes found on Pinterest that were "Keto" recipes, but I generally eat low-carb/high protein with a moderate amount of fat. I wouldn't say that I intentionally follow a keto diet, though.
  • enderloseweight
    enderloseweight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    keto is generally a high fat diet moderate protein very low carb. But I believe there are many many ways to get a healthy diet and lose weight.
  • djsoap
    djsoap Posts: 1 Member
    Options

• themattcass
    themattcass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started keto a couple days ago, and so far I'm really happy with the diet. It almost feels like I'm cheating :)
  • brandanmajeske
    brandanmajeske Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I recently started NSNG (No Sugar No Grains) and have been sticking to a ketogenic diet. So far I'm loving it.
  • chercher82
    chercher82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a solid Ketoer. It used to be about losing weight but more recently I have really enjoyed the steady energy I have throughout the day. I've been doing a lot of research and reading and feel like I've got a solid grasp about what Keto does for my body. I am super sick of eggs though. SO MANY EGGS.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was strict keto for half a year, but got concerned about hormone changes after I read that at least for women the super low carb aspect can cause problems with sex hormones. I am now on a 80 carb/day diet. High enough to stay out of ketosis, but low enough to be great for my blood sugar.

Have any of you experienced hormonal changes on the diet?
  • themattcass
    themattcass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, for those that have done keto for a while with success, what are some things I have to look forward to or dread? I'm a noob to keto and it all seems to be positive so far, so I'm wondering why so many people hate it so much.
  • brandanmajeske
    brandanmajeske Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keto pee. That's all I can think of :)
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, for those that have done keto for a while with success, what are some things I have to look forward to or dread? I'm a noob to keto and it all seems to be positive so far, so I'm wondering why so many people hate it so much.

Definitely the hormonal risks scared me. But other then that after I got past the first few weeks I felt really good and lost weight and what was kind of an alarming rate!

I do remember having hot flashes during that time and dealing with sleep distribances the first week. Never had hot flashes before or since. Also weird Sulfer taste randomly in my mouth. Seriously works for weight loss though!