Retrospective syncing

Options
denorios
denorios Posts: 38 Member
Do calorie adjustments sync retrospectively?

I just had to remove the last four days of calorie adjustments, as MFP seemed to arbitrarily swap my adjustment from Fitbit to MFP iOS and all the stats were wrong, despite the fact that at the time they were right and created from Fitbit! I've gone through all the steps to revoke access, disconnect, reconnect etc, but the data has not been filled back in for those four days.

Is this possible? Or do I have to work out what my adjustment should be based on my Fitbit data and my MFP estimate and then add it in manually somehow?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You might be able to create a bogus workout on MFP for a time/duration you are sleeping. Make it 500 cal for 60 min is simple enough.
    Once it syncs to Fitbit, then check the MFP stats for that day and see if you see the Fitbit Calorie adjustment details reflecting a recent time sync and that new higher daily burn.
    Then delete the MFP bogus workout and wait.
    Confirm gone from Fitbit, then check MFP.

That has worked for me on past days when I really had to add a missed workout. So I didn't do the delete part.

But I do recall that after too long, it seemed the detailed stats were no longer there to be replaced - merely the daily totals and stats to make the graphs - and it didn't work if too old.
  • denorios
    denorios Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've worked out what the calorie adjustment should be, from MFP's estimate versus Fitbit's final total for each day, and added that in as a bogus exercise. My Fitbit calorie burn has adjusted higher, so it's clearly working in that direction. But nothing has synced back to MFP in the way of a new calorie adjustment. So I guess I'll just leave those bogus entries there, so at least my calorie stats for the week aren't wrong. On MFP, at least - they'll be wrong on Fitbit as long as those entries are there.
  • kkjones25
    kkjones25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that your Fitbit calorie adjustment is wrong? I walked for 45 minutes on lunch and I seem to be only getting 25 calories burned. I'm not sure what the issue is.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    kkjones25 wrote: »
    Are you saying that your Fitbit calorie adjustment is wrong? I walked for 45 minutes on lunch and I seem to be only getting 25 calories burned. I'm not sure what the issue is.

May not be an issue at all.

You are probably looking at the Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - which is NOT just exercise nor your walk.

MFP already has estimated you walk and burn so many calories daily.

That adjustment merely shows how much higher Fitbit was over what MFP estimated you'd burn anyway.

And that sounds totally realistic if not much else was done, and you have a high MFP Activity Level selected.

Unless there is a syncing issue.
    In which case you'll have no idea unless you do what I wrote above about checking details (not the bogus entries part).

Also read the FAQ in the stickies as to how and what is going on.