Hi question about dating....

Options
I just lost my boyfriend recently... and I'm trying to think of ways to get to know and love myself. Only problem....I show love with food.
I've heard dating yourself tends to help self esteem. But most of the dates I think of revolve around food.
So my question is does anyone have any ideas for activities that you can do by yourself as treat that don't involve food?

Replies

48801 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot. I read, I play on facebook (too much). If you're lucky enough to live near a quality museum.
    Do what makes you happy. Have you thought of an adult enrichment course? They're usually economical. A church not too far from me offered healthy cooking. Sadly I didn't take advantage
    Consistently strive to improve yourself, rather it is a book or a TV show. This will help build self-esteem. Concentrate on you.

• CarrieDarling108
    CarrieDarling108 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Follow your heart to discover new hobbies. Plant a garden to grow your own healthy vegetables to cook and prepare with new recipes you explore. Make art. Create posters or cards and share them widely to brighten someone's day. Go for a hike, breathe fresh air outdoors and write about it. Organize something or scrapbook or make a collage all about you. Hunt, fish, or sing. Dream big and follow the ones that make your soul soar.
    Live the life you expect to live when you are the healthy weight you want to be.
  • pitapam97
    pitapam97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the self examine to see where I lost myself the last year. 2014, I walked away from my job, my house because it was still tied to my ex-gave it all to him. I became healthy and fit until about a year ago I kind of lost myself helping others. I realized the other day, that I out on 30 POUNDS!!!!! I knew I put on some weight but that!!! I started a new job about 2 months ago and none of my work clothes fit.
    My goal is to start my walking again-I like the way my clothes fit and it felt good to be me. I quit painting, gardening, etc....when I walked everyday, I would get the urge them to dance anywhere because I was happy and it showed. I lost that-so I am getting back on track to get me back. Carrie, you need to find what makes you happy. If it is cooking, change your recipes to be low fat, cut out your oils, etc.... It is so easy-if you would like I can give you some pointers that I learned by doing this.
    Good luck finding you.
    Pam