124»

Replies

• grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hamoncan wrote: »
    Thanks
    Angie2016 wrote: »
    I have my fitness pal set 1200 calorie goal and I burn 500 calories at the gym so I should eat 1700 calories?

Yup!

Is it that simple? Really? I have often wondered why I was sooo hungry some days and can barely eat all of those calories. This probably explains my issues.
  • cls67
    cls67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My good gravy, theres alot to this eat more, weigh less journey. So much valuable information, Just have to put all the pieces together :-)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    cls67 wrote: »
    My good gravy, theres alot to this eat more, weigh less journey. So much valuable information, Just have to put all the pieces together :-)

It's not really that much, just a lot different than most attack weight loss with.

The mantra of eat less and move more is usually taken to extreme.

It should be eat a little less and move a little more, lifting preferred.

But the problem is making wholesale changes to the diet, so no idea how much used to be eaten, and the new "healthy" eating method is an extreme amount less.
    And then exercise is inspired at an extreme level compared to before.

That combo is trouble eventually. So the issues come from getting body out of the state it's gotten in to.
    And getting some estimates as to where to eat at with usually a big change in routine.
  • 8HeatherMarie8
    8HeatherMarie8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi... this approach is really intriguing to me. I am 190 #'s and want to lose 45 #'s. I lift, I jog, I use some at home HITT exercise videos that are 20-45 minutes and make sure to do total body and core in alternating days. I have tracked my calories anywhere between 1800-2200. My BMR is supposed to be around 1620 cal, but my TDEE on days when I really sweat is near 2500! Wow! Is that right? I am so confused as to where my intake should actually be... I have not lost a single pound over the course of 3 months of eating right and exercising. I thought lifting would help, but I gained and then stayed gained. How do I remedy this? How do I use MFP to actually calculate if I am 20% below my TDEE on days when I exercise? Do I just adjust it everyday? Or do I set my goal at something like 2010 calories and then eat back my exercise calories...? Thanx in advance for any advice!!!
  • heybales
    Options
    Glad you found all the answers, good job, that means you got it.
  • MatildaT73
    MatildaT73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What are stickies.
  • heybales
    Options
    At the top of every group, there are topics that always remain there because they are "stuck", or pinned, or whatever to always be at the top.
    True of almost any forum on the internet.
    You are supposed to read those first for common questions answered, advice, rules, ect.

You are commenting in a sticky right now, to start your own specific topic if no questions about this topic specifically, or to read other more recent ones, you'd actually need to scroll down the page.
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BloodPriestess
    BloodPriestess Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    mrsbigmack - I just wanted to thank you for sharing this. I'm just starting my weight loss journey but this will be important when I reach my goal + those 5lbs to account for the glycogen stores.
  • fanbrits
    fanbrits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am in the beginning of my journey.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi... this approach is really intriguing to me. I am 190 #'s and want to lose 45 #'s. I lift, I jog, I use some at home HITT exercise videos that are 20-45 minutes and make sure to do total body and core in alternating days. I have tracked my calories anywhere between 1800-2200. My BMR is supposed to be around 1620 cal, but my TDEE on days when I really sweat is near 2500! Wow! Is that right? I am so confused as to where my intake should actually be... I have not lost a single pound over the course of 3 months of eating right and exercising. I thought lifting would help, but I gained and then stayed gained. How do I remedy this? How do I use MFP to actually calculate if I am 20% below my TDEE on days when I exercise? Do I just adjust it everyday? Or do I set my goal at something like 2010 calories and then eat back my exercise calories...? Thanx in advance for any advice!!!

Are you drinking enough water? Pop and juices high in fructose and sugar can dehydrate you and turn into water weight gain off the bat.

Have you been keeping track of your body measurements?

My question is can I see your diary maybe we can figure it out?