BiloxiNative's OMAD Journey

Options
BiloxiNative
BiloxiNative Posts: 5 Member
First off, thank you, Joe, for such a wonderful resource! It's nice to have a place to come where there is support for this WOE. The average "man on the street," or even "person on a weight-loss forum" can't wait to tell you how OMAD is such a bad idea, it won't work, it's dangerous, and so on.

As I said in my intro on the Intro thread, I'm a 64 year old female who has been up and down with my weight since menopause, starting around the year 2000. I've gained and lost the weight several times, adding the obligatory 5 lbs each time I gained it back.

I probably won't be weighing much at all, as I have been practicing Intuitive Eating (off and on) over the last 18 months, so I have developed a complete aversion to the scale. But I did weigh on Monday, May 16, and I will use that as my starting date for OMAD even though I'd actually started a few days earlier.

My username: BiloxiNative
My weight: 168.6 lbs
My height: 5'2"
My struggles: nighttime snacking
My goal weight range: 120-130 lbs
My OMAD time: 6-7 pm
OMAD start date: 5/16/16

I look forward to interacting with others on the forum. So glad to be here!

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @BiloxiNative!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • BiloxiNative
    Options
    Well, yesterday evening was the first time since I started OMAD (which I finally figured out was Tuesday, May 10) where I definitely ate more than one plate of food. I also drank too much wine. But I'm not going to let it get me down...it's just food, after all.

So today is a new day and a new week. I will continue forward, and not look back.

I am definitely not hungry today! Perhaps my body was just ready for a good feed. I still feel very good and not bloated, surprisingly. But I won't get on the scale for awhile; if I'm the same weight as last week (or even higher) it will discourage me, so I refuse to be a slave to a number.

• arguablysamson
    Options
    The one-plate rule is designed precisely for preventing those "eat like no tomorrow" tendencies when you're adapting.

• BiloxiNative
    Options
    Much better this week. I still haven't weighed (I might do so Monday morning) but there's definitely a difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit. I know I'm making progress.

I've settled into a pretty fixed pattern now...I really don't experience hunger now until around 2 or 3 pm. It's pretty intense at that point but I know it will wane before my eating window. And it always does. Last night I ordered my favorite grilled chicken salad from a local restaurant and brought it home, just like I did last Thursday evening. I ate the whole thing last Thursday night (one plate full) but last night I could only get down half of it. Wow! That was a surprise.

Joe, you are completely correct about the energy level going up. No more midday slumps - it's amazing. That alone is worth the price of admission! :)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Good to know. Always making progress forward is excellent. You'll find continual increases in energy as long as you keep your activity levels mild to moderate. Your body will do nothing but burn off of your reserves and you'll be losing weight and feeling ultra-productive.