Nothing fits

Options
jodi3175
jodi3175 Posts: 3 Member
Hello- I am familiarizing myself with myfitnesspal. It's been awhile since I spent much time on here. I am 41- and have a lot of weight to lose. Around 150 pounds. Anyway- last night I dug out my summer clothes and none of my shorts fit. I really don't want to go out and by anything new- it's kinda depressing. I need to lose about 20 pounds asap so that my shorts will fit. I am going to work very hard at tracking my food and getting in some movement. I do workout with a trainer once a week, but other than that- I don't get in much activity. I just need to do it. I wanted to come on here to introduce myself and get familiar with the message boards. I saw this one and it seems like the perfect one for me. I have issues with consistency- I will do good for a couple of days- then I go back to my old habits. I really want to focus on clean eating and getting in activity.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Walking is easy and you can do it almost anywhere. Download a Pedometer app for your phone or get a tracking watch. Try getting 5,000 steps and increase every week. Listen to Podcasts, music, walk with friends/family. You'll feel and look healthier in no time.
  • SkinnyCJK
    SkinnyCJK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi I'm in a similar position. none of my summer clothes fit. bought one pair or crops in a bigger size than I ever wanted to buy! have been tracking and exercising for 19 days and 11 pounds down. I know it will slow down. but its a nice incentive. day at a time. track everything and find something you enjoy doing to move more. walk dance even things like squats when you clean your teeth . jump about every time the adverts come on. it all helps.
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you.
  • pez9375
    pez9375 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I have no pants that fit and I can't tell you the last time I put a pair of shorts on. Having surgery in 6 weeks and I want to drop 10 lbs before then. Hopefully this short term goal will kickstart me. It's gonna take a lot of work but we can do this! Thanks for introducing yourself!