Thinking about get a Fitbit!

Options
NewHealthyBug
NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
I want be more healthy, fitness, and livinghealthy! So I think Fitbit be good thing to get. What one's to get and why? Fitbit Alta or Fitbit Charge Or...
Thank you! B):)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's hard to provide advice without knowing exactly what features you would value. The website does a good job of explaining the differences between the models, you might try looking there.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    janejellyroll is right - without specifics it's hard to give any advice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. So, check out the Fitbit website to compare the devices and their features (and prices) and then, if you want to ask some questions in order to get input from people who use the different Fitbits, I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses.
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    It's hard to provide advice without knowing exactly what features you would value. The website does a good job of explaining the differences between the models, you might try looking there.
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    janejellyroll is right - without specifics it's hard to give any advice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. So, check out the Fitbit website to compare the devices and their features (and prices) and then, if you want to ask some questions in order to get input from people who use the different Fitbits, I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses.

Thank you, Ok I did, I want get Alta because get more fitness in my life and like it tell me when call text me. My question is will any fitbit help you next level in fitness?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit has made a huge difference for me in becoming more fit, but everyone is different. It has helped me tremendously to track my activity and have a real estimate of my calorie burn that I can then use to adjust my food intake. However, other people may be less motivated by all the data and/or discouraged once they see how few steps they take. I credit mine with helping me be motivated to increase my general activity level and the amount of deliberate exercise I do.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The ability of any device to take you to the next level in your fitness depends entirely on the current level you are at.

For a couch potato a good pair of shoes can likely take them to the next level in fitness, because they started on ground floor. Maybe even 2 or 3 levels.

Right now for me no Fitbit could help me reach next level of fitness as too many features are missing that I'd require.
    But the simple Zip is great for daily life!
  • s_acilegna
    s_acilegna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The way I discovered which watch would be right for me was simply visiting the FitBit website. They have a chart that lays out what watch has what features and which would be best for you. When I was thinking about which watch I wanted, the chart helped me out. I mainly wanted one that would monitor heart rate and more, so I went with the FitBit Blaze for 220$ through Best Buy. This watch monitors sleep quality, calorie intake, steps, floors climbed, heart rate, exercise - the "whole nine yards" I would say. I highly recommend it! Feel free to ask me any questions, if you'd like!
  • NewHealthyBug
    Options
    s_acilegna wrote: »
    The way I discovered which watch would be right for me was simply visiting the FitBit website. They have a chart that lays out what watch has what features and which would be best for you. When I was thinking about which watch I wanted, the chart helped me out. I mainly wanted one that would monitor heart rate and more, so I went with the FitBit Blaze for 220$ through Best Buy. This watch monitors sleep quality, calorie intake, steps, floors climbed, heart rate, exercise - the "whole nine yards" I would say. I highly recommend it! Feel free to ask me any questions, if you'd like!

I got fitbit Alta! Have it for 4 days now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    s_acilegna wrote: »

I got fitbit Alta! Have it for 4 days now.

Yaaay, that's what I upgraded too. I hope it's more accurate than my zip, which overestimated IMO.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded to a Charge HR and now I firmly believe my Zip was definitely overestimating my calorie burn. I'm close to 1300 calories burned today so far and I've already walked 8k steps. It'll be interesting to see how many calories I've burned after work tomorrow. Generally my Zip would say I've burned 1800-1900 calories after 10k steps after a day at work.