Yogascope

Options
Hi SYSKers! I'm a yoga teacher out in Hawaii (also the recent listener mail person with the worst root canal ever).

A little of my background(skip to next paragraph for yoga stuff): I'm 5'10" and in 2011 I weighed 183. I started getting fit that year and by the end of 2012 I was 138. I maintained that for 2 years, but eventually work and a busy life had me back to 165. I'm currently hanging in the low 150's, and I'm trying to get under 150 by my 30th in July. MFP is an invaluable tool in keeping fit and honest in weight management.

Now to the yoga. I hear all the time from students that they are intimidated to try yoga because they are overweight or less fit. It's scary to walk into a studio when all of the other students are stick figures with a ton of strength. So I wondered if SYSK people might like a yoga session on periscope, specifically for this group. Yoga is a great way to build balance and strength. It also tends to burn more calories than MFP credits depending on the style and difficulty. Note: I recommend studios because the instructors can watch you practice and help mitigate any potentially dangerous movements.

Let me know!

Replies