No energy, bad mood side effects - normal?

Options
jeanjean619
jeanjean619 Posts: 31 Member
Since starting I have found myself in a bad mood with no energy. I am at the 1.8 dose and I just feel really out of sorts. When I come home from work it takes all I my energy to cook dinner and then I just need to climb into bed. I can't stomach protein foods (the thought or smell of an egg makes me gag) but I find I crave sweets (Ice cream.or smoothies) in small amounts. I have also been taking it for a little over 3 weeks and staying about 1200 calories a day. The scale said I was down about 6 -8 lbs but I have not lost any inches (by my measuring) and my clothes are just as tight on me. On Friday I stopped taking it and today (Sunday) I feel much more energetic. I don't know if this is a normal side effect that will pass or if it is not agreeing with me. The best way I can describe how I feel is like I am really sick/hungover (like years ago when I would drink too much) and my body needs something but I can't stomach anything. I feel like this all day, every day. Anyone else? Do you know if it passes and if its normal that the weight is not really budging yet?

Replies

• ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yikes, that sounds awful. If I were you, I would make an appointment with the Dr. If you have stopped this suddenly, I wouldn't start up at the regular dose again. I know someone who did and it make them really sick. I can't say that I have had these side effects, I'm sorry to hear that you have. 6-8lbs is the weight budging. That's over 2lbs a week. That's technically an aggressive weight loss. From my experience on this drug, you might not notice your clothing changing right away. For me, that was because I started to notice clothes were fitting the way they always should have, instead of too tight.
  • jeanjean619
    Options
    Thanks for your input Chrissy! I actually have a dr appointment tomorrow. I just can"t take the constant sick and extremely tired side effects. I feel like I did during my first trimester of pregnancy where certain foods made me sick and I was always exhausted! Funny but my weight shot up this morning and I now only have about a 2 pound total loss (which is maybe why my clothes feel the same!) I'll see what my doctor says tomorrow. I was just curious if others felt sick and or tired too.
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    I did a bit at first! Not nearly as awful as you, that's for sure. I was turned off by the smell of cheddar dogs lol. I feel a bit more tired, maybe.. But with two kids 3 and under 2, a new bigger house, a great dane and sometimes looking after my nephew it's difficult to pin point where the tired comes from.. My friend who stopped and restarted noticed that her weight sky rocketed too when she stopped. She then went right back to the dose she was at. I do know that the tolerance really varies between people.
  • jeanjean619
    Options
    Chrissy, if you don't mind me asking, how did your friend who stopped and then started again make out? My doctor said maybe I can't tolerate the higher dose and should stay at the lower doses where I am comfortable (feeling satisfied) She also said my side effects are not normal and maybe it is something else causing the tiredness and the sickness (so many bugs going around.) My weight stayed exactly the same as where it was last month...
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    I actually haven't heard from her in awhile. I just know she wasn't well when she started at the dose she stopped at. It had been a few days.

I know that some people on here have stayed at lower doses longer and for them that seems to work.

I hope you're ok and it's not a serious bug! I didn't think they sounded normal, but, I'm glad you found out from your Doctor.

I'm sorry I can't help more than that!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I was taking saxenda in the mornings I found I was exhausted mid day, so I switched to taking it at night, and as long as I take it before 10 PM I'm fine energy wise through out the day. I've been taking 3mg now for 4 weeks and I still have cravings for sweets, but I find if I distract myself or have a low calorie yogurt , that normally takes care of the cravings.
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you have any benefits from Saxenda?? I bump to 3.0 tonight but am so tired. Is it worth it for you??
  • jeanjean619
    Options
    I actually stopped it again..I just can't take the fatigue. ( But that's just me.) Lot's of people have said the fatigue goes away in time, but for me I couldn't make it through the day. I had no energy and it took everything I had to make it home from work and all I wanted to do was climb into bed! Lol. My main reason for losing weight is to get healthy (lower cholesterol, bp,etc) but on this I felt worse. I have a dr appointment (follow up) in a couple of days, and I'll see what she thinks this time (and I will keep you posted). Again, this is just my experience! Good luck to you!!