Daily Check In

Options
Xpecta
Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
How did you do today? What were your victories? What were your struggles?

Replies

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well, did a heck of a lot better than the last two or three days which were binges straight through. YAY!! Day 1
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Awesome!!! That's fantastic! I didn't binge, but I didn't exactly eat healthy. I don't think I went over my calories, and I worked my butt off in Kickboxing today!
  • angela259
    angela259 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Made it another day. No binge and and counted all cals, no cheating. Now i just have to make it till bedtime. How did everyone's day go?
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Same as yesterday. I didn't binge, but I didn't eat healthy. We are in between paychecks right now, so we don't have much food to choose from. HOWEVER I needed something sweet, so I was looking around for chocolates but I decided to have watermelon instead. Quite happy with that. Once I can get groceries I'll be more successful. But I'm done eating for the day. No matter what my mouth says!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Done eating for the day. The restaurant waiter did not quite get my order as I had hoped due to language barriers, but overall I got nearly what I wanted and avoided any binging today. YAY. Done eating for the day. ALso I did 25 minutes light exercise which felt great
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    Same as yesterday. I didn't binge, but I didn't eat healthy. We are in between paychecks right now, so we don't have much food to choose from. HOWEVER I needed something sweet, so I was looking around for chocolates but I decided to have watermelon instead. Quite happy with that. Once I can get groceries I'll be more successful. But I'm done eating for the day. No matter what my mouth says!

I'll have to remember the watermelon substitution
  • Xpecta
    Options
    That's awesome!! Yeah, the watermelon was definitely a great substitute. It took my sweet tooth away!
  • angela259
    Options
    Packed a breakfast and ate soup for lunch. Work was so busy (I couldn't eat much) that I was able to have a hearty dinner. Hope you all had a great day!
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Great stuff! Well, for me, I am very lacking in the food department right now. It's sucks! BUT usually these days are a free for all because my mind tells me there's no point trying to be healthy anyways. Now, admittedly I didn't eat very nutriciously, but I managed to not binge. I'm so looking forward to payday! What a great day that will be!!
  • Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Had a good day until an ex sent me a text out of the blue. It brought with it a lot of feelings. The result? I ate everything in site to the point I'm still feeling sick this morning. I hate that I let food take charge!!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Well, I keep gaining a pound a day. I haven't been logging, but thought I was doing ok. Kind of miffed at this, and in response ate an extra chicken leg along with oatmeal and banana. OK group, I vow that I am going to drink some water and go outside and dig some dirt up. I will probably be struggling - usually when I struggle I give up. But, I do have chili prepared for lunch, and a half cup is maintenance, so I will do that for lunch. Then dinner - meatloaf and green drink and my regular diet dessert. So, out I go. THanks group.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Ohiomom91 wrote: »
    Had a good day until an ex sent me a text out of the blue. It brought with it a lot of feelings. The result? I ate everything in site to the point I'm still feeling sick this morning. I hate that I let food take charge!!

Oh no!! Bad feelings? Yeah, that next day feeling is just terrible!! It's so crazy how just eating can make you feel better in that moment. Are you feeling any better now?
  • Xpecta
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    Well, I keep gaining a pound a day. I haven't been logging, but thought I was doing ok. Kind of miffed at this, and in response ate an extra chicken leg along with oatmeal and banana. OK group, I vow that I am going to drink some water and go outside and dig some dirt up. I will probably be struggling - usually when I struggle I give up. But, I do have chili prepared for lunch, and a half cup is maintenance, so I will do that for lunch. Then dinner - meatloaf and green drink and my regular diet dessert. So, out I go. THanks group.

Sometimes logging just gets so overwhelming! I stopped about a week ago because I couldn't wrap my mind around it anymore. As for the gaining, could it be sodium? I know that I can pack on like 10 pounds when it comes to sodium intake!

That sounds like a lovely meal day! Good for you! Go burn those calories by digging!!
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Also, just to let everyone know, I'm away for the weekend and don't know if I'll be getting onto mfp at all! So if not, I will be checking in after the weekend! I hope you all have a great one! I'm going to become a Zumba instructor!! Wish me well!!
  • angela259
    Options
    Stayed under my calories... barely. Had Pizza for dinner. I am going to try to hold off until Monday to weigh myself.
  • Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Oh no!! Bad feelings? Yeah, that next day feeling is just terrible!! It's so crazy how just eating can make you feel better in that moment. Are you feeling any better now?

Physically I feel better but emotionally not so much. I'll get through it though. Not too bad of a food day today but tomorrow I'll be up early for a nice long walk!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Oops. bad slip up. i just kept eating at the end of a charged day. ate and ate. Well, it is a new day, and I am shame talking myself and will try to stop that.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Yes!!! Stop that!!! No shaming yourself! I'll admit it to you, on my trip I ate a lot of junk!!! Road trips just need junk food in my opinion! It's okay friends! We're only human and we're here for each other!
  • ltssharon
    Options

Physically I feel better but emotionally not so much. I'll get through it though. Not too bad of a food day today but tomorrow I'll be up early for a nice long walk!

I hope you got your nice long walk and that it was enjoyable
  • angela259
    Options
    Counted every dumb calorie today. We ordered out for lunch at work. I didn't eat great but didn't over indulge. I am under my calorie goal but feeling hunger pangs. I usually eat dinner after work but I ate before I left. So my body is confused. Think I will go to bed early a that way I don't mess this up..... hope everyone had a great Memorial day.