Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Whole 30, anyone?

Maribeth1994
Maribeth1994 Posts: 2 Member
Hey guys. My sister and I are starting the Whole 30 diet that's been really popular lately and I thought using MFP would help me track my progress. We are starting officially on Tuesday. Has anyone out there tried it? I'd like to hear some testimonials! Also, if any of you would like to join me, it would be fun to have more support! We got a book about it at the library but there's also info online.

Replies

• Xrotarebil
    Xrotarebil Posts: 7 Member
    What is it?
  • njl0040
    njl0040 Posts: 1 Member
    I have some coworkers that tried it.They enjoyed it for the most part and lost a bit of weight.The hardest part for them was starting and sticking to it though.There bodies were so used to sugars and carbs that when they reduced/ stopped the intake of certain foods they actually had symptoms of withdrawals.Now they don't crave the same foods they used to and have more energy and there whole diet has changed.

I would try it but it just seems a bit hardcore for me right now but I wish you the best of luck!

Good luck!!
  • kevinhparker550
    kevinhparker550 Posts: 17 Member
    My wife and I have done the Whole 30 twice.

Food: Go to this website to find good Whole 30 meals
    http://www.thefoodee.com/tag/whole30/

I did lose the bloated feeling you get after eating. That was amazing, I loved being able to move around easier, but you'll also miss that feeling. I recommend sweet potato fries you make at home as a snack to help that :)

I didn't use my fitness pal while doing Whole 30, but that sounds like a great idea.

Are you currently working out, or do you plan to while doing Whole 30?

I think the Whole 30 is great to do once. It's best for figuring out how to eat healthier, which is the goal of the program I believe.

It's not good for weight loss in my opinion. I know about 15-20 people who've done it, and nobody kept the weight off after finishing. I think aiming to lose 1-2 pounds a week is much more sustainable, and why I use MFP.

But if it's something you're really interested in I think it's worth it. Just know it'll be very hard not to binge eat after finishing. They say in the book and online that you start to lose cravings for unhealthy food. I never did lose it, and nobody I know says they did, either.

I'd love to talk more about it if you have other questions.