Lets go!

Options
atlrox2285
atlrox2285 Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Hey! I don't know anyone in this group so Just thought we should get to know each other. Why are you doing this? What inspired you to start losing weight and quit eating sugar?

Replies

• 1withwolf
    1withwolf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the invite! I'm NewiePirate from /r/LoseIt! I have been trying to lose weight for a loooong time and this is the first time I think I have actually take.ln it seriously. My biggest obstacle when it comes to my weight loss is my unhealthy relationship with food and specifically sugar. It is most definitely an addiction and I'm looking to confont that addiction with this challenge. I'm not expecting to make it the entire 30 days but I am going to challenge myself to go as long as I can! No candy. No pop. No chocolate. I hope on here we can post some ideas for replacements for our sugar cravings because i know I'm going to need some help!
  • teenytinysquirrels
    teenytinysquirrels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agh! Haha...I'm a dingbat! This is the first time I have joined a group on here so forgive me for starting my own separate introduction. I don't know what the rules are or if there are any about that!
    1withwolf, I am really excited about swapping ideas for sugar replacements, too! I have really been thinking a lot about how sugar cravings do feel like an addiction issue, as well.
    I decided to start losing weight after my doctor suggested it when my blood work came back indicating that I did not have PCOS or hypothyroidism like other family members. She recommended I try to see if I was able to and once I got started I just never stopped.
    I have an unhealthy relationship to sugary foods as well and I have been experiencing very unpleasant candida symptoms that I am hoping can be reduced by eliminating sugary foods.
  • becca_and_cats
    becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm becca_and_cats, joined this group after reading a /r/loseit post. My weight loss journey has been very tumultuous. I stick to a very healthy regimen during the work week (healthy food, gym), but I destroy all of that hard work during the weekend (eating very unhealthy, not working out). I know my addiction to sugar (soda, candy, etc) and is a big cause of this. I minored in health science in college, so I technically KNOW how bad sugar is for the body, but it is an addiction that is difficult to break. I'm hoping this challenge and its accountability will give me the push I need to overcome this addiction. I look forward to tackling this challenge with this group!