Sharing a good day with y'all

Options
nitallica
nitallica Posts: 31 Member
It's been a crap year for me, and this week had been the worst ... work stress, family drama, boyfriend being a jerk (and about to be ex-bf), you name it. But today was good, so I wanted to share that with y'all. I had a follow-up dr's appointment today. It's been 3 months since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'd been really nervous because I'd slipped a lot and overeat due to stress and emotional state. But my doctor said that everything looked good and that I was on the right track. My A1C has gone down from 7.1% in February to 6.3% today, which is in the pre-diabetes range. He also said that my cholesterol and blood pressure were good as well. I've lost exactly 18 lbs since February too!

It seriously made my day! I wanted to share with y'all, because everyone here has been so supportive and helpful. I really appreciate it!

Replies

• aureum79
    aureum79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you nitallica well done
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Thank you Nitallica, its so motivating to know of your successful move into improvements in your health. I think everyone is going to be feeling more hopeful to hear about what weight loss and better eating can do in such a short time. Your work is great results. :)
  • LitheLimberStrong
    LitheLimberStrong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done, congrats!
  • mtpizzo
    mtpizzo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Well done! Keep it up
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all. I had a really bad weekend, so I'm feeling guilty but have done a lot better today -- or at least up until just after lunch when I stressed out bad and found that I was out of my emergency no-sugar chocolate, so I caved and had a real candy bar. First one I've had in over 6 months! It was heavenly, but I won't dare make it a habit. (and you'd better believe I'm picking up more emergency sugar-free sweets for my stress out moments!)
  • FitLaughLove
    FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work!
  • TishaSB
    TishaSB Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you and congratulations on your A1C levels lowering and keep up the good work.