Intro & Tips

Options
lauranicole6
lauranicole6 Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys! I'm so excited that people have started joining! Please spread this to others on MFP! And I thought we'd start off by doing a general introduction and sharing a weight loss/vegan/workout/motivational tip!

My name is Laura I am 21 years old I live in the northeastern area in the States! I have been vegan for a little over a month, and I'm down ten pounds since starting! I enjoy Yoga & Barre workouts!

One of my favorite tips would be to think of how far you've come, and not worry about how far you have to go!
Another is to compare yourself to who you were yesterday, rather than someone else!

Replies

• RammLt
    RammLt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 33yr old married mom of 3 children. Ive only been vegan for a couple weeks now. I'm currently the only vegan in the house! My husband and children are all supportive. I started my weight loss journey at 235 pounds. Now I am down to 185 pounds. I would love to get down to around 135 pounds. The only tips I have is to drink plenty of water and just take everything 1 day at a time.
  • ashleyfulcher24
    ashleyfulcher24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ! I'm Ashley. I'm 25 years old and live in beautiful British Columbia ! Four months ago I started cutting meat.. after doing a crazy amount of research I became vegetarian..Three months ago I made the commitment to be vegan ☺ it has been the best choice of my life. Loving every second of it. I LOVE learning new recipes and ideas. My fiancé is vegetarian and has been for 2 months. It's wonderful to be supported by the one person who means the world to you.

I guess this group is mainly about weightloss. I have always been about 100 to 110 pounds.. until a year ago i got super out of hand and didnt weigh myself for so long.. it wasn't until i saw a picture of myself ... I honestly did not recognize myself. I said what did they do to this picture ? This isn't me.. well it was. I weighed myself and I was 115 pounds. And i know what you are thinking - but you're wrong. I am just 5 foot. And i tell ya you can see even 5 pounds on someone as short as me.. short people do not carry their weight well... if you are tall and 15 pounds over weight than your norm i bet it wouldn't be as noticeable.. but that was my breaking point. I started working out every single day for an hour to an hour and a half a day and eating healthier... but still treating myself quite a bit actually... it wasn't before long that i got down to 97 lbs. ( which is still a healthy bmi for my height and age) the problem was I had to continue working out that hard to keep it...... it was so hard... i was falling asleep while sitting up even. Just completely exhausted ! In all honesty I became vegan for the animals but this is just something I have noticed along the way.... I don't have to work out as much. I only work out about 3 times a week and it isnt as crazy as before.. it is usually a half an hour at a time ! And all I eat are carbs. I constantly go over my recomendation... I eat my recommended calories to maintain weight and on days I work out I eat back the calories burned. I dont limit my treats.. everyday we deserve a treat and the best part is if its vegan its most likely healthy. I currently weigh 98 lbs. I am happy and healthy and never fall asleep during the day or get chronic migraines like before :smiley: this vegan life is my new lifestyle and there is no looking back !. P.s. I am addicted to my fitness pal... if I don't end my day I truly don't feel like I have ended my actual day. Lol.. such a wonderful idea for weight management.
  • ms_nomatterwhat
    ms_nomatterwhat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Stacey and I'm new to the group. I re-joined MFP to help with my transitioning to a vegetarian diet, losing my last few pounds and to track my food choices.

Although I'm new, I can add a quick tip...

The problem I had: At times I would become frustrated trying to figure out "what do I eat/what do I pack for lunch/how do I add more fruit & vegetables into my diet etc...?" or I'd get into a rut of eating the same meals over and over which become sooo tiresome.

The answer for me: Planning ahead was MAJOR in getting through it. Its something about seeing it on paper for me that just makes it all clear. It helped me quite a bit. Also, when all else fails keep salad making options and fruit on hand so you have some quick options in arms reach.
  • steffersonairplane
    steffersonairplane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Steph. I live in southern Ontario and have struggled with my weight my whole life. I re-joined MFP recently because my weight has crept back up again, and I want to be the healthiest and strongest vegan I can be! I tend to fall into the 'convenience food' trap more often than I'd like by thinking to myself, 'Well, this might not be the most healthy option, but at least it's vegan.' I'm new to posting in the forums and groups here, as well.