Good protein powder brands?

Options
Hey friends!

Does anyone know of any good protein powder brands that mix well (aren't super grainy) and don't taste too bad? Protein powder has a bit of a track record for grossing me out. I was wondering if you guys have any favorites, if you use protein powders for a nutritional supplement, which is what I'm doing.

I like simple flavors, typically just vanilla. I just bought a single packet of the Vega Sport Performance Protein brand, which was pretty good. I've tried Spirutein before, which I thought was disgusting.

Thoughts?

Replies

• ErikaGetsHealthy
    ErikaGetsHealthy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I buy Nutrition 53's Vegan1 protein mix. It tastes SO GOOD, not chalky or grainy at all.

I used to buy their Lean1 product before going vegan, and I swear the vegan one tastes just as good.

They have banana, chai, chocolate, and vanilla flavors. I have personally only tried the chocolate flavored one, but I'm planning on giving the others a shot eventually.

If you go to their website, www.nutrition53.com, you can get a free sample (you just have to pay the $3 for shipping).

Hope that helps :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My wife has gotten me several of the types from Vega.. They've all been pretty tasty..
    https://myvega.com/products/
  • steffersonairplane
    steffersonairplane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vega is good but it always has this taste to it where you can tell it's Vega. I prefer their chocolate option with a bit of PB2 mixed in, though these days I mostly use Manitoba Harvest Hemp protein powders and recommend them, they mix up well and taste fairly neutral. Hemp Pro 50 and the Organic Vanilla are my favourites.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I heard Hemp protein is great no additives