share your Egg-Less breakfast ideas

Options
jill9636
jill9636 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone,

I am new to the LC lifestyle and I am struggling with breakfast ideas. I have been eating eggs almost every day. I love eggs but I don't think my co-workers like me eating them. I usually eat breakfast when I get to work and I have access to a microwave to warm things up.

Please share your LCHF egg-less breakfast ideas.

Also I am looking for some like-minded friends for encouragement, inspiration and motivation on MFP. :smile:

Thanks!

Replies

• olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken! It keeps me fuller than anything else.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've been eating a full fat greek yogurt and add berries, On a working day or avocado with left over chicken all diced up add some salad and mayo. New to this lifestyle also trying to find out ways that work for me.
  • jill9636
    Options
    great ideas! I love avocados! Also the chicken idea is great. chicken salad with avocado sounds delish!! :smiley:
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You can eat anything you want for breakfast...there's no reason to stick to typical breakfast foods. Try lunch meat and cheese roll ups, chicken as others have said, last nights leftovers, just about anything. My coworkers have gotten used to smelling my bacon and eggs every day. I typically have two strips of bacon, two chopped hard boiled eggs with either hollandaise sauce or guacamole. Good luck!
  • jill9636
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    You can eat anything you want for breakfast...there's no reason to stick to typical breakfast foods. Try lunch meat and cheese roll ups, chicken as others have said, last nights leftovers, just about anything. My coworkers have gotten used to smelling my bacon and eggs every day. I typically have two strips of bacon, two chopped hard boiled eggs with either hollandaise sauce or guacamole. Good luck!

You're absolutely right petunia773, I don't need to eat typical breakfast foods for breakfast. I usually eat last nights leftovers for lunch but I like the meat/cheese roll up idea. I have that for a snack sometimes. I need to work on getting out of the mindset of what a typical meal looks like. :wink:

My favorite breakfast so far has been 2 bacon strips with 2 hard boiled eggs and cream cheese all warmed up!

thanks for your ideas!

• megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast person, except cereal. When I first began lchf, I tried to begin my day that way, eggs, bacon the whole shebang. After a while I decided it's still not me.

SO I began having a fat coffee/green tea (only 2 tsp - 1 tbs ghee at the moment). I switch it up to meet my wants and tastes for the morning. Usually it lasts me until around 1230 or 1.

Somethings I add to the coffee/tea at various or at one time are:
    -chocolate dark (85-90%)
    -ginger
    -cinnamon
    -vanilla extract
    -grass-fed unflavored protein powder (1 scoop)
    -crushed ice (I don't like hot coffee)
    -homemade coconut milk
    -shredded coconut

Also, some mornings, if I'm really hungry from my workout and the hub's cooked extra, I will have a piece of bacon or two with my coffee.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like smoothies in the morning because I don't generally like a heavy breakfast. I make one with 1/2 cup whole milk greek yogurt, 1/2 an avocado, 2 cups spinach, 6 strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup water. It's satisfying and has the consistency of a milkshake.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Steak for breakfast is my favorite!

Sautéed chicken with ginger and greens is another good one. Lately, for ease of prep and energy-saving needs, I've been having plain Greek yogurt, I add my own flavor extracts and frozen berry mix. Some leftover meat or cheese on the side and it's a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    jill9636 wrote: »
    I love eggs but I don't think my co-workers like me eating them.

Eat whatever you like and your let your co-workers eat whatever they like. I could see a problem, maybe, with Limburger cheese... You do what pleases you, not them. If you choose to have other things, it should be because YOU want variety, not to please anyone else. Just sayin'.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoothie person in the morning. Water for the base, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 50-100g 11% plain Greek yogurt, a handful of spinach, and 120-140g frozen strawberries. It works out to literally half my daily net carbs (50g/day), but it keeps me full for 4-6 hours until I can get to lunch.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I'm the person that brings bacon into the office for breakfast. I batch cook bacon and take some slices and reheat in the microwave. So my answer is bacon. It makes everything smell wonderful.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, so I usually end up grabbing a meat or cheese stick or some peanuts as I rush out the door.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I make my coffee into my breakfast by adding heavy whipping cream and some sugar free syrup to it, then I eat a decent sized lunch and a big dinner. I tend to snack at night so not having breakfast is not a big deal, and I like having bigger dinners. It all evens out to the same 1500 calories no matter how you slice it.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    In addition to Greek yogurt with various add-ins (nuts, seeds, berries, coconut flakes, peanut butter, powdered peanut butter), I also like cottage cheese and ricotta cheese with the same types of add-ins. I also like to add some very dark chocolate when I'm having these dairy products as a snack or dessert. I also enjoy kefir (unsweetened) to which I might add some berries, coconut, and/or powdered peanut butter. Like others have noted, I often eat leftovers. I've changed my definition of 'breakfast food.'
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not exactly 'egg-less', but what about cream cheese pancakes? You can batch cook them and reheat them.

1 egg & 1oz full fat cream cheese (I use goat cheese), makes a good thick 8" pancake. 2 pancakes make a really filling meal. Just whizz together well in the blender, melt a little butter a pan & cook like a normal pancake (quite high heat).

Make plain, or use garlic & herb cream cheese for a savory taste. They also work great cold and folded in half with filling: cold meat, tuna mayo, cheese, whatever you fancy!

Oh, and a side of bacon, of course :wink:
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Today I had a whole small avocado with lemon juice, salt, and pepper along with a left over serving of cauliflower mac & cheese and a strip of bacon. It was delicious! It was also around 550 calories, but I was starving. :blush:
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person myself, so most of the time I will either have green tea or broth with 2 tbsp. of coconut oil or butter. it keeps me going till around 3.
  • arkansasteriann
    arkansasteriann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    got this idea from Lynn Terry, aka the "low carb traveler"... I eat 2 ounces of pecans and 1/4 cup of full fat cottage cheese. one of those sounds weird/tastes good kinda things. I usually wait till lunch time to eat and it keeps me full for a long time and I really like it.