New here/introductions

Options
Icycajun
Icycajun Posts: 9 Member
If you're just finding this group, post here to introduce yourself.

My name is Stephanie and I'm on the Meal Planning Team at Eat To Perform. I've been a member since May 2015 and have experienced great results so far! I'm excited to have discovered this MFP group and hoping to breathe some life into it.

Replies

• MaJa2103
    MaJa2103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been a member of Eat to Perform since June 2015 and was seeing great results. Took time off of working out to nurse an injury and fell completely off the exercise and food wagon around November. I am healed and ready to reignite! Looking forward to this group as meeting my macros is my biggest challenge. Always way over on carbs and way under on protein.
  • casccw
    casccw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi are you still doing ETP? I've been since feb and typically under ate but have now worked cals up to 2400 a day now. Training is great news to stick with this for a while before PFFL
  • ralfie72
    ralfie72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....new again;) I joined about a year ago (ETP) but got seriously derailed but medical issues, surgery and a boat load of food allergies. Just starting to get some energy back and be able to mentally handle tracking again with the complications of being allergic to many food staples. Sadly no pop tarts or rice crispy treats for me :p

looking forward to hearing everyones stories and experiances :)

Rebecca
  • debweenz
    debweenz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. So excited to step up the macro game
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I signed up for ETP back in January, but didn't really commit to it until about a month ago when the Trend Sheets came about. That thing is a game changer for me! In my experience, the message of "eat less, move more" has been so ingrained, that I was pretty gun shy when it came to upping my caloric intake. With all the data in my trend sheet, I've slowly but surely gained faith in the process as I eat more foods, commit to the Wave Method, and continue to drop scale weight while fueling my workouts.

I've also noticed a mindset shift, where before exercise was a means to an end - weight loss, now exercise IS the end. I have performance goals which have nothing to do with my relationship to gravity or what I see in the mirror. It took a while, but I've drunk the ETP kool-aid (and tracked the carbs!), and am preaching the gospel to anyone who'll listen!
  • sammiebulldog
    sammiebulldog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am completely new to this and have no clue what I am doing. Hopefully by tracking my food I will be able to see where I am going wrong when I am eating. I have to admit this is very confusing. I have always sucked at meal planning and was hoping that ETP would give me ideas, but it does not look like it does :(.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I too just joined E2P, portion control for me is HUGE!! So I think by tracking my macros it will force me to measure my portion sizes. I've been paleo for a few years but never tracked carbs other than to try to keep them under 100 when I was trying to lose weight! This has changed a bit lol!! I was NOT exercising then...I am now and I'm the heaviest I've ever been, but the strongest too!! I just really want to lean out as I have a layer of bacon and wine that keeps me from fitting into my clothes very well! LOL I believe that everyone's food logs are public now so if you add friends you can view what others are doing for ideas for meal planning. (But I have to admit I was expecting "Meal Plans" to be provided as well =/
  • Mary3rlene
    Mary3rlene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined and thrilled to be a part of ETP. I am still unsure exactly what I am doing but having those 4 numbers to maintain seems doable! We will see! (having a hard time keeping the fat within range the first couple days though.
  • amfurrow
    amfurrow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to ETP. I’ve been a low carb mind set for long. I’m struggling with getting all my macros, especially carbs. I’m consistently eating so many calories compared to what I was that I can easily live on 2 meals a day. The whole process is hard for me wrap my brain around and I’m consistently worried about gaining weight.
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I just signed up with ETP yesterday. I am still trying to figure everything out.
  • orleansrunner
    orleansrunner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just signed up to ETP this week -- I am in the FatLoss program, and am figuring out the macros... it's an interesting process!