First day!

Options
atlrox2285
atlrox2285 Posts: 13 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
Hey everyone! Today is when the sugar free challenge starts! Having quit sugar for short periods before, I know the first day is always hard. Today's challenge for everyone is to exercise! Whether you lift weights or walk around the block or do jumping jacks in your pajamas, do them today! Its one of the best things I've found to keep the sugar cravings at bay :) I'm lifting today. Let me know your tips and what you learned about sugar today. Lets do this!

Replies

• teenytinysquirrels
    teenytinysquirrels Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I ate a little sugar today! I am not sure what happened because I had a whole paragraph response that disappered when I posted so I am editing now! I ate a little added sugar today because I am finishing up groceries that were bought before I joined the group. I intend to buy sugar free groceries this weekend. To get me through my midday sweet treat craving, today I drank a bottle of coconut water which was really helpful! I am concerned that because I am eliminating added sugar that I will start wanting to eat more naturally sweet foods like fruits and that my sugar consumption will increase! Is anyone else eliminating all sugary foods including healthy foods like fruit during this challenge?
  • becca_and_cats
    becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late in responding, but the first two days have gone great! The only "artificial" sugar that I have comes from a sugar-free dark chocolate pudding that I eat after dinner. This has only 4 g of sugar alcohol. Other that this tiny treat, no sugar AT ALL. No candy, no soda, no ice cream, no baked goods etc.

As for the exercise challenge, that was easily completed. Because it was gorgeous and sunny yesterday evening, I walked around my apt complex (which is huge, as I found out!!) for 45 min. It was a nice change of pace from my usual gym cardio routine (though I think I'm gonna hit the gym today).