You'll be shocked - another sync issue (FYI)

BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
Lots of sync issues lately, looks like, but I looked back through the last page or two of posts and didn't see this specific one so I thought I'd go ahead and add it to the pile - many apologies if I overlooked it and this has already been brought up recently.

Many moons ago we all had a problem where the meals that we entered into MFP would end up on the Fitbit site multiple times, usually once a change is made to the meal in MFP - for example, you log your breakfast at 200 calories in MFP, when a sync occurs that 200 shows up on Fitbit's food log. Then you add an extra piece of bacon (because, bacon) and now your breakfast is 250 calories. Upon the next sync, Fitbit is supposed to overwrite the 200 with the 250, but when this goes all farkakte it adds the 250 to the 200, so that MFP shows you've eaten 250 calories for the day and Fitbit shows 450. And so on. In the past it's done this for EVERY meal on EVERY sync for several days, but personally I've just noticed it sporadically over the last week or two - a meal here and there.

This is irrelevant to you if you don't use any data re: food consumption in Fitbit, as it does not impact the MFP adjustment or calories consumed in any way, so feel free to ignore if this doesn't matter to you. But, if you're like me and either keep an eye on the "calories remaining" in Fitbit, or you use the export features for any kind of analysis or tracking, or whatever, double check your number! If you want to correct it, all you need to do is compare your Fitbit food log to your MFP log and delete the duplicate lines in Fitbit, leaving only the correct totals for each meal. If I see it again, I'll open a ticket, and I encourage anyone else who sees it to do the same.

Just wanted to put out an FYI!

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I've had this issue for months now. As usual, Fitbit isn't acknowledging the issue or doing anything about it, despite people reporting it in their help forums for ages. I'm so fed up with them.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    It's been happening for so long I've got used to it now. I'm forever in there checking and double checking. Very annoying!