I ate an entire bag of chips and half a chocolate bar last night..

Options
Sarahb29
Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
And I'm not even mad! If you haven't tried parsnip chips yet, definitely check them out! The ones I found were from whole foods but Trader Joes also sells their own versions as well. I have to find those. They have a pretty offensive odor when you first open the bag but trust me, push past it and have a couple. They are sort of like crunchy sweet potato fries.

I won't promote eating an entire bag in one sitting, you probably shouldn't do that... but if you're watching crappy reality TV, it's your TOM and you have a serious munchie craving, well now you have another option :) Celery is good too but I didn't have any on hand.

z2xvsr1lvf41.png

Replies

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    great..I will have to find those. Also, how did you get net carbs on the diary?
  • Sarahb29
    Options
    phxteach wrote: »
    great..I will have to find those. Also, how did you get net carbs on the diary?

It's a script I installed with an extension. Info here:
    https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript
  • Sarahb29
    Options
    @wabmester I'll have to find those, thanks! They sound similar to the Costco ones I've seen people rave about:

http://www.costcochaser.com/blog/cello-parmesan-whisps-9-5-ounce-bag/
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    carbs look ok, but dang, that's a crap ton of calories!
  • Sarahb29
    Options
    carbs look ok, but dang, that's a crap ton of calories!

Yep, like I said you may not want to be like me and eat the whole bag in one sitting, lol. I had room in my diary so I went for it.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    If you haven't already, try cheese crisps instead. Lower carb, useful sodium content, harder to eat the whole bag. :)

714izKqk2EL._SX522_.jpg

I put cheese on a plate and into the microwave until it melts and gets crispy edges....yummy! Just be sure to scrape it from ther plate before it hardens up.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    If you haven't already, try cheese crisps instead. Lower carb, useful sodium content, harder to eat the whole bag. :)

714izKqk2EL._SX522_.jpg

I put cheese on a plate and into the microwave until it melts and gets crispy edges....yummy! Just be sure to scrape it from ther plate before it hardens up.

That happened to me by accident last night. I sprinkled cheese on loaded broccoli and put it under the broiler. Some fell off and landed on the tin foil. I was picking it off and eating it like a savage.

How long do you microwave it for? I have seen people do it on the stove top. @RowdysLady
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    the ones at Costco are addicting. no carbs, big calories. yum
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    My sis makes parsnip chips, just slice thin and fry or bake, they are delicious, can make fries or mash too
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Calorie trade off.. YES "crap load of calories" is right...most LC breads/crackers are at least 200-400 calories for a "serving"..a microwave cake in a cup is a whole egg, vs using 1 egg for 2 dozen small cookies...so it is a serious trade while finding LC replacements to carb load foods..but you gotta do what will keep you on the long haul..
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, the beet and carrot versions of the Hardbite chips have one less carb per serving.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I did this with daikon slices...no parsnips here much. Fried in bacon grease. Yum.
  • MEG924
    MEG924 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Shredded parmesan cheese in clumps on wax paper (on cookie sheet), 400 degrees in oven for 3-5 mins, let cool, dip in sour cream. So yummy!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

714izKqk2EL._SX522_.jpg

That happened to me by accident last night. I sprinkled cheese on loaded broccoli and put it under the broiler. Some fell off and landed on the tin foil. I was picking it off and eating it like a savage.

How long do you microwave it for? I have seen people do it on the stove top. @RowdysLady

it depends on the cheese and how much I use. I typically like mozzarella that way. I haven't eaten any like that since I went low carb so I can't even give you an idea of ounces. But I always start at 30 seconds and watch for it to start browning around the edges. I will stop it when it begins to brown and use a fork to lift and mix it some, then back in until it browns a little more. I like it almost like a chip vs still gooey. I think more than a minute 30 would be too much for a small serving.