Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A Day in the Kitchen

Anyone willing to share a day of your paleo/primal eating? I threw in the towel a couple years ago when I got bored eating a lot of the same things and trying to find new and interesting ways to make meat and veggies. Not surprisingly I feel horrible and have balloooooned!! I still do rice, potatoes and dairy and am about two weeks back to eating the way I was meant to.

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Newmeadow: Wow, she specifically asked for primal/paleo recipes and that's your response?
    I do a lot of recipes from Well Fed. Plus rice, some wheat, some sugar. Lots of people do 80/20 or as close as they can get.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited June 2016
    @martindawnmarie2014, I'm pretty boring in my eating, it's typically the fatty meats, and veggies, but I do add kelp noodles and paleo wraps to my meals to mix things up, while adhering to Paleo/PB. Hope this helps, and thanks for the friendship!

173eaf98-b649-411b-acbe-60fd552661c5.jpg
    8f0f9fde-e4af-4a7a-8aad-eb8dacba85f4.jpg

1e275db0-bd7c-4b2e-8ad7-6631376826c7.jpg
    21ddfc87-dd0f-4e1b-ae06-5a3fd1718f28.jpg
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 830 Member
    Breakfast: yogurt, with berries, and two eggs cooked in butter - so delicious. Sometimes to spice it up I make hollandaise
    lunch: some form of salad, with whatever kind of meat I have left over. I like to keep it interesting by changing out some of the toppers - different kind of nuts, tiny helping of dried fruit, new dressing
    dinner: meat: some times literally a hunk of meat such as chicken thighs, or a steak, tonight I shaped mince into a meat/burger pattie, and some cooked veggies. I've just gone into winter again so will be doing things like beef in broth, lamb curry, mince cooked with tomatoes like for nachos.
    snack: half an avocado, half portion of soup, cup of stock, half a piece of fruit, teaspoon of nut butter, couple of spoons of cream/coconut cream, handful of nuts and some cheese. Jerky my tummy can't digest and it makes me feel icky, but I love pork sratchings/crackling however I'm struggling to find one not filled with nasties.

This is mainly how I eat most of the time. I don't have a lot of root veggies in my diet, so I may try and make some crips/crips out of them for snacks ( olive oil and the mircowave). I only dabble a tiny bit in paleo baking, but made a nice sweet potatoe loaf once - which I may make again and toss in freezer for just in case. I'm keen to try making my own non-dairy yougurt and I've made paleo pancakes once - which were nice for a change :)

I think with this way of eating you really have to work out what you like - I could eat brocalli with olive oil or butter almost everyday. Maybe you prefer stirfry? maybe you like cauli rice, or Zuoddles (zuchinni noddles) and I think once you find what you really enjoy its easy to eat almost every day :)

for the sake of the discussion I don't buy potatoes or rice, but they are my 'safe' go to if I don't have much alternative - ie someone invites me round for dinner, or out to dinner
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'm not perfect by any means, but I do like to cook and experiment. My diary is open for perusal if you're interested, and if you see any recipes on there you're interested in, shot me a PM and I'll give you the details. Cheers!