Making May MINE

Options
13»

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Oh no Jools! Let's hope the forecasts are wrong. Do what you can with backup tents and that, but try not to let yourself get too stressed over something you have no control over. And rain is good luck for a wedding, right?

Welcome back Liz! That 150 is the worst! Seems like it's a sticking point for a lot (probably similar height).

I totally ate my emotions yesterday. Had so much crap that I didn't even really want just to eat. I just didn't care. Lots going on, both wedding and not-wedding related and I'm just having major anxiety issues. Need to get on the workout wagon for real. Maybe the exercise endorphins would help with the other stuff.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    This one may be mostly to myself.
    zhbvdn99ntx6.jpg
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Sarah, lists help me! And checking in with people who can actually say something reassuring. I too am having major anxiety issues, all the decisions, all the judgement! But our best man said that everyone is just so pleased to be coming to such a beautiful place to all be together that we should relax! Which was actually quite comforting, although has not totally erased my anxiety!! I don't think I will get below 150, so good luck girls! I could if I had starved myself last week and this, but I thought that would set up for disaster at the wedding, so have just continued with what is working!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Yeah. I need to start making more lists. I think it's getting to a point there are more details that the general checklists don't get to that I need to actually start thinking about and just getting it down on paper helps me organize. Some of the recent stress is actually around the ability to have the ceremony/officiant.

Looking at pics, you look great! I don't think anyone will know you didn't meet your goal and a couple pounds are day to day variability. Fully agree that starving yourself for 2 weeks to get to that magical number on the scale would not have been a good idea.
  • brisingr86
    Options
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    So I think I started in this group at 180, or maybe a little less. I'll post a before and after when I get time but now I'm at 151. I didn't make my goal of 147 but I feel the strongest and healthiest I've ever felt, and everyone is commenting that I look amazing. This is a good feeling going into my wedding day. We leave for Italy late tonight and the wedding is on Sunday, so thanks for all your support and good luck ladies! (Although I will be back as I'm determined to lose the 7lbs of pasta and pizza I know I'm about to gain!)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Goals: Be under 150 for all weigh-ins.
    Move: Actually get all the way through Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, 5x/week
    Menu Plan: Stick to 5:2/16:8 IF regimen and calorie goals
    Motivate: Post motivational stuff at least 3 times a week

SW: (April 28):150.2
    W1: (May 5): 151.8
    W2: (May 12): 150.6
    W3: (May 19): 151.0
    W4: (May 26): 149.6!

OK, not the weight loss, I was hoping for, but given I will take it! Did not stick to workout plan at all, but did get in a couple workouts (maybe it helped). The week was an emotional roller coaster with some major anxiety attacks, but seem to be coming out of it. Appointments made with florists and to finalize stuff at the venue (the latter will be closer to the wedding, but makes me feel better to have it scheduled) and calligraphy pens arrived so I can start addressing invitations so feeling a little productive on the wedding front.

Good luck Jools! Can't wait to see pics. Hopefully the weather cooperates, but sure it will be a gorgeous wedding (we know the bride is).

How is everyone else doing?
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have struggled since being back to reality post wedding. Have not hit the gym once since being back and my eating is pretty relaxed...
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I put on 5 kilos over the honeymoon. ..have 2.5 kilos to lose to get back to the lowest point I was at before the wedding....

I will get there. ..just going to give myself some time. The last few months have been exhausting so embracing the rest!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OH MY! @fitfor30th I just LOVE the yellow in your dress!

Sorry I got lost in the month of May and am just finding my way back in June...I'll go there and post my goals!