Success!

Options

Replies

• mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    stamac79 wrote: »
    How many of us are on the full 3.0 dose? I have found that I felt better and ate less at the1.8 and 2.4 doses. is this me being crazy and over thinking things or has this happened to anyone else?

I'm on the 3mg dose now around 4 weeks....I have some days where I have interest in any food but other days I can't fill the bottomless pit....I don't get it.
  • stamac79
    stamac79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mcspeight wrote: »
    stamac79 wrote: »
    How many of us are on the full 3.0 dose? I have found that I felt better and ate less at the1.8 and 2.4 doses. is this me being crazy and over thinking things or has this happened to anyone else?

I'm on the 3mg dose now around 4 weeks....I have some days where I have interest in any food but other days I can't fill the bottomless pit....I don't get it.

Same here!!! But the other day I was in a rush and only had 1.8 dose and felt very full all day! First day in a long time!
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week on .6 and bumped up today. I can tell where I was adjusted to it a little better yesterday because I was actually hungry. Today since I bumped up, I have barely eaten.

However, I weighed myself this morning and I haven't lost anything. I was surprised!
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm down 6% since January 11th. I'm really pleased!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hit the 45 lbs mark today after about a month of zero motivation....it was a real big help to get me back on track seeing that number this morning!!
  • stamac79
    stamac79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very excited, I am down 3 lbs these past 4 days, the only thing I have been doing differently is keeping my active pen in the fridge, Saxenda care told me that once I start using the pen I could keep at room temperature, it seemed to me that since I started doing that my side effects were gone and I stopped losing. Last Thursday I had to grab a pen from the fridge and I wasn't hungry all day and I had a bit of nausea. I have been injecting it cold since and I am feeling much better and I am happy to see the scale moving again!
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    I saw a new digit on in this --* place today. I've been plateaued for months and couldn't break my lowest weight so I'm very happy today. :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I saw a new digit on in this --* place today. I've been plateaued for months and couldn't break my lowest weight so I'm very happy today. :)

YAY!
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    4 days of loss. Stayed on program then day 4 I have a 1.6 loss. Hang in there!!! I'm at 1.8 dose. Started May 2 8.8 total loss.
  • de7inhim
    Options
    4days no loss
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    How long have you been on it? Eventually everyone stops losing on it, unfortunately. But it will help your body maintain, and help in subsequent healthy efforts.

What program are you doing?
  • de7inhim
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 3. I had a loss on day 5! 1.6. I know diets work this way but it is so discouraging. Just started 1.8 dose. Lethargy gone but new to me is allergies!!! Never had allergies in spring. Sneezing, scratchy throat etc.
  • Adabich
    Adabich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There. I have been on Saxenda for approx 3mos and in the beginning experienced about a 7lb weight loss right away. I wasnt nauseous but I wasnt hungry either...and then I recently started gaining. I have gained 3lbs back. I am at the 3.0 dose and have just this week experienced injection site reactions (itchy red welts) in the stomach. Has anyone experienced this? Have you plateaued and came out of it? I am thinking of stopping the medication but I also havent been exercising lately because I have been so exhausted. I dont normally post on boards but was hoping for some encouragement.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Hi Adabich!

The rash and welts could be a couple of things: the side effect as described or something called cellulitus which is a common condition at injection sites. Are you rotating sites?

Everyone plateaus. I was plateaued for 2 months and then started losing super slowly. I lost 15 initially and have lost 3.6 over the last month so it's much slowed now but it's working again.

I do find my sugar intake affects the outcome, which makes sense to me. But so does the time of day I take it and the amount of sleep I get. But all the hormones are connected so I assume they work together somehow???

You aren't alone though.
  • de7inhim
    Options
    3smyxlfneso9.jpeg
  • de7inhim
    Options
    This is very encouraging report. Good for you and hopeful for us all!!
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    de7inhim wrote: »

Thanks! 176 today. I'm hoping this means the plateau is over.

I really allow the medication to tell me when I'm full. I think if I had fought it a continued to eat when I felt full I wouldn't still be working for me. I I almost all of my cravings and if I do indulge, in am satisfied after only a couple of bites.
  • WxGirLiz
    WxGirLiz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    de7inhim wrote: »

Thanks! 176 today. I'm hoping this means the plateau is over.

I really allow the medication to tell me when I'm full. I think if I had fought it a continued to eat when I felt full I wouldn't still be working for me. I I almost all of my cravings and if I do indulge, in am satisfied after only a couple of bites.

Congrats on breaking your plateau. Your comment about letting the medication tell you your full hit home with me. I've been fighting it. Eating more and suffering later mostly acid reflux. I'm going to try and mellow out a bit and when I'm full just stop eating...save it for a snack later or throw it out. Thanks!
  • de7inhim
    Options
    One week at 3.0 down total week 6 19.4. Moving slowly in the down direction. Feeling better still feeling blue and that is not my norm. Anyone struggle with depression from Saxenda???