What are the calories in cooked and drained ground sirloin?

Options
rsoronen
rsoronen Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys! I'm trying to look up the calories for ground sirloin that has been cooked and drained of fat. I'm seeing a lot of different numbers. What data do you use to log ground beef??

Replies

• MelodyBri
    MelodyBri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tend to like to over estimate my calorie intake (Over estimate calories under estimate Exercise), so I don't factor in the drained part. And when you say drained I am assuming you are talking about drained of grease, because ground beef can have varying degrees of filler which is where some of the extra fat comes from. So extra lean usually has 91% beef and 9% filler, all the way to one I saw that was 70% beef and 30% filler. So that is something I feel is more important to know then just draining the grease.

Side note: I used to have one of those old timey meat grinders (it gets really messy if the grinder isn't over a bucket), at that point I would calculate the calories to be the tip of meat/cut that I put into the grinder. Not sure if you are grinding your own sirloin but thought I would throw it out there.
  • rsoronen
    rsoronen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! You understood me correctly, I was thinking about the grease you can pour out. I think I'll just overestimate the calories a tad like you said and log the calories as if I didn't drain it.