Fitbit Blaze - Likes/Dislikes?

Options
SmokeRising
SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
I am thinking of upgrading to the fitbit blaze. My flex and charge work fine but the blaze seems to look a little better. The pictures of it seem to look a little better with work clothes. Anyone out there have one? Likes/Dislikes about the functionality of the blaze? Are the pictures deceiving or is it a nicer looking fitbit? Does it tarnish?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a few weeks and I love it. I upgraded from the Charge HR. I like the functionality of it, it tracks more of a variety of things, and it's super easy to read. I really like the looks of it too, and even though the screen is larger than the Charge HR, it's thin and comfortable.
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my blaze. I got it about a month ago, and I also upgraded from a charge hr. What I really like about it is that when I go hiking, walking, etc, it'll hook up with the gps on my phone, and tracks my hikes, gives me a Map. It has replaced my map my walk app now. I like that it looks more like a watch than my flex or hr.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a few months. I like the heart rate feature. Definately looks better. Have to take it off at movie though. Will light up if you move wrist and annoy others! :#
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how it compares to a Surge? It looks like the only difference is the GPS feature but I'm wondering if I should save up the extra hundred and go ahead and spring for the Surge or just go ahead with the Blaze once I have enough saved (I'm planning on buying mine with workplace health points).
  • garber6th
    Options
    My coworker has the Surge. To me it looks a lot bulkier, and the display is different, it doesn't have the color touch screen like the Blaze has. The Blaze does have the GPS feature. I like the looks of it a lot better after seeing the Surge. To me the Surge doesn't offer more for the extra $$.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and I love it. I love that it really looks like a watch instead of a tracker. I love that I can get a variety of different bands to change the look of it. I love that I can adjust the face of it, and lets face it, I love color. I love that when sync'd to my phone, I can get messages over it. **note - you can not respond to the text messages, but you can see that they come in and respond on your phone later, which is a great feature for me** I can also control my music on spotify thru blaze instead of having to go to my phone. So while running (haha yep, walking fast), I can just flip my wrist up, down one, and skip a song in my playlist. I didn't need GPS on it, because my phone is attached to me anyways, and when I do run (again, haha, walk fast), I have a running belt on that has a place for my phone as well as keys, mace and two small water bottles.

AND! Cha-ching - it was cheaper than the Surge.
  • SmokeRising
    Options
    Great responses. I ordered my blaze today. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on the Surge. Definitely gunning for the Blaze now.
  • SmokeRising
    Options
    It is here!! Yay!
    it59l3rdzcrd.jpeg
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
  • garber6th
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »

Great advice! I definitely don't rely on these things as gospel, nor do I rely on the machines at the gym. I do know that my resting heart rate on my FitBit and my resting heart rate at the doctor are the same, so that gives me a general idea of the accuracy of my FitBit. I use it to track my active minutes and steps. All this though is why I don't eat back the calories I burn exercising, it's hard to get an accurate number from just about any device.

• deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a Blaze and I love it. My only negative with it is that it seems to lose the battery life much more quickly than my Flex--I guess that is the price I pay for all the added features!! I hope you enjoy it!!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I take mine and plug it into the charge thing while I am in the shower and it seems to keep up pretty well. Besides, don't want to lose any steps while its charging! (haha)