Gym fails.

Options
CarCar0207
CarCar0207 Posts: 59 Member
So I'm loving my new low carb lifestyle (been Keto for coming up on 3 weeks now). Feeling great.... Until I get to the gym. I feel like I fatigue way faster, even to the point where I am feeling dizzy. I'm eating all my calories (1400-1600 daily) and my macros are on point. I supplement magnesium, fish oil, MCT powder and a multivitamin. What am I doing wrong!!?!? Please help! Thanks!!

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Salt & water? Are your calories enough?
  • CarCar0207
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I have been adding salt to my food- and I eat salty meats and cheese. My Cala are the suggested MFP calls for moderate activity and -2lbs weekly. My diary is open. I'll take any critism/ advice anyone has to give.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting keto, this isn't uncommon. I lost strength for a bit when I first started. It comes back after your body adapts to the lifestyle.

Keep up your sodium if you are getting lightheaded. Lighten the intensity if you need to.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I felt like that when I started. My runs were dreadful. It took about 4-5 weeks for my body to adapt. I am running faster and lifting heavier now than ever.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    CarCar0207 wrote: »
    I have been adding salt to my food- and I eat salty meats and cheese. My Cala are the suggested MFP calls for moderate activity and -2lbs weekly. My diary is open. I'll take any critism/ advice anyone has to give.

Run it through this calculator, designed for keto/ http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • CarCar0207
    Options
    [quote=

Run it through this calculator, designed for keto/ http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Thanks! I'm checking it out now! And @60to35 good to hear! My running was how I first recognized the problem. Good to hear it will not only resolve but improve as well!
  • CarCar0207
    Options
    @twibbly wow! It tells me to increase Cals by 1/3!!! Thanks for that tip!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling dizzy you're not getting enough salt. Dizzy = low blood pressure/blood volume from water and sodium loss. Your body can't retain the needed water without enough sodium and you're losing lots and lots every hour of every day in the beginning especially. It doesn't ever stop, just tapers off.
    You need more than what you can add to food and get from snacks.
    Try broth or pickles or just take a couple sodium chloride tablets if that's easiest. You need to aim for 3009-5000 IR possibly more if you drink a lot of water or are very active or sweat more.