"Sweet treat" idea

Options
I eat a pretty high-fat diet in order to stay satiated longer and because it is easier to eat high-fat than high protein when you don't use animal sources. That being said, my current jam is Once Again lightly toasted almond butter single serving packets at 200 calories and 7g protein combined with 4 pieces of Lily's stevia sweetened dark chocolate with almonds bar. It ends up being close to 260 calories which is kinda a lot but it works really well as a satisfying snack because of the nut oils. Also, and here's the best part, it's a total sweet treat with no added sugar! Just wanted to share and I hope others in this group will share some ideas!

Replies

• becca_and_cats
    becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good! Like a better-for-you version of a Reese's cup. Where do you find the Stevia sweetened dark chocolate?
  • teenytinysquirrels
    teenytinysquirrels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can usually find Lily's brand stevia sweetened chocolate bars at any health food store if you're in the U.S. I got mine from a local store but I just saw them for sale at Fresh Market. They're SO GOOD and the dark chocolate seems to go a lot further for me as a treat because it is so intense. I was definitely thinking of it as a healthier Reese's cup!
  • becca_and_cats
    becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A Fresh Market just opened up near me, so I'll have to check it out! Thanks :)