JUNE Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
Getting this up so it is good to go on the 1st.

Replies

• retirehappy
    Options
    June challenge:

Keep attending Body Flex classes.
    Meet with my trainer and get back on the machines at the fitness center, I need that strength training.
    Get my daily average back to 10K.
    Meet my new macro goals, I am going low carb, under 150 grams per day. I have also disconnected my fitbit app and mfp, I set a cal. goal and will work on meeting it daily. My macros are pretty much were I want them to be so I have to adhere pretty closely. I really want to start losing again. I maintained for months, then gained a few pounds. I am ready to cut now.

I hope lots of people join in this month's challenge and we all have great results.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue with the AIP Protocol until 6/15 and then start testing a few foods to see if my body will tolerate them. One of the things I fear is that those things also come with more carbs so I want to be ready. Between now and then I am going to start entering the protocol recipes that I eat into MFP and clean out old recipes I no longer use. By 6/15 I am going to start journaling again. I plan to keep my steps at 6k and do alterternating days of yoga and my upper body PT exercises. The longer I stick with this protocol, the better I feel so I do NOT want to rock that boat! I would love to start losing again though and hope I am able to lose a few lbs in June!
  • Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @DreamOn145 - I'm very interested in your success with AIP! I have read a little about it, but just can't seem to take the final plunge. I definitely think it would help with my RA!

June goals for me include:
    (1) 10k steps daily
    (2) organized exercise/weight training activity 5 days/week
    (3) 64oz water daily in addition to other liquids
    (4) 5-7 servings fruits/veggies daily
    (5) complete my upstairs bedrooms/bath remodel
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    AK the diet is helping me tremendously. Of course I am also not taking any meds so those effects so not confuse the issue. One thing I will say though, you have to be ready to go all the way or its kind of pointless. They will tell you that until the gluten and sugar are gone the healing in your gut will just not take place. It's not easy but once you start feeling better, its worth it
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's always a relief when you find what works for you. Getting the 30 grams of fiber and very low saturated fat are my go-to.
    I'll have surgery Monday, and plan to play it by ear on exercise. Also plan sticking to liquids a few days after. My blender is packed, so I've bought v8 and premier protein and benefited to add to them.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    (((Sharon))) will keep you in my prayers, hope all goes easily and well.
  • Akgramma
    Options
    @sharondtd - You seem to have a well thought-out plan. Stay positive and feel better soon!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @sharontd - wishing you all the best on Monday. You may also find things like Jello and popsicles feel good on your throat - I'm thinking of things they give kids when they have their tonsils out. Take care.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Forgot Popsicles. Thanks! There's a coconut water pineapple ice bar I love. Will pick them up tomorrow.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Weighed yesterday. Down a pound. Weighed this morning. Up a pound.
  • Akgramma
    Options
    Lost 1# this week. Gonna keep tracking and moving!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Weighed yesterday. Down a pound. Weighed this morning. Up a pound.

Ah the rewards we get from eating pizza, even in small portions :)
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Been out of town a lot these days so back to getting thing done. I have not gain any weight but have not lost any.

June like to lose a few lbs.

1 Follow my meal plan
    2 Drink my lemon water
    3 move more. :):)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Annnd. up two pounds from Friday as of this morning. Salt in the V-8 ? I'm being careful, even on the liquid diet for throat healing. It was murder taking my big glucosamine pills last night. And the pain pills are big enough to make me dread taking them. Shut up Sharon, don't type while drugged. ;-)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    The solutions they give you so you won't dehydrate during surgery will mess with your weight big time. Just give yourself some time off from the scale, a few days after you are home, then weigh yourself. Just be kind to yourself right now and heal your body. It takes more time the older we get.
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi @sharondtd - glad to see you posting. You have been in my thoughts.
    I hope the pill swallowing becomes easier. And like @retirehappy says, give it a few days, and then see what you weigh.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    (((Sharon))) sending you more healing thoughts & prayers - hope every day is better than the one before! ~ Kathy
  • Akgramma
    Options
    @sharondtd - so thankful that your surgery went well. I ditto all the previous posts - take care of yourself and allow your body to heal. Sending warm hugs to you this morning!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    June challenge:

Keep attending Body Flex classes.
    Meet with my trainer and get back on the machines at the fitness center, I need that strength training.
    Get my daily average back to 10K.
    Meet my new macro goals, I am going low carb, under 150 grams per day. I have also disconnected my fitbit app and mfp, I set a cal. goal and will work on meeting it daily. My macros are pretty much were I want them to be so I have to adhere pretty closely. I really want to start losing again. I maintained for months, then gained a few pounds. I am ready to cut now.

I hope lots of people join in this month's challenge and we all have great results.

Mid month report
    I have missed two of my body flex classes but I now work with dumbbells at home when I do that, I missed them due to DH's health issues. I am happy to say I am heading to class shortly. He is doing better now.

No progress with the personal trainer to report, again his health issues derailed that project so far this month.

I am doing pretty good with the macros not perfect everyday but doing much better. I am finding staying under 150 g of carb a day is helping a lot with hunger, surprising how much that effects my level of control.

I am hitting 10K ave. now :)

I have dropped two lbs. but I won't be changing my MFP loss amount until I get to a new low weight, I have a ways to get back to my old level, but things are starting to change so I am content.

Wishing everyone the best of results this month.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Awesome help girls! I got a good report from the surgeon yesterday! Thank you for the well wishes!
    Got to the scale this morning and I'm trending back to my preferred weight, despite the peculiar meals we're having while I clear out the pantry and fridge. !