Small cup Brusters cookie dough ice cream one day, old fashioned donut the next

Options
MEG924
MEG924 Posts: 37 Member
is somehow what finally broke my month long "stall" and I lost 1 lb this week!!!

For all those who have battles in their head over "cheating", just think about if you REALLY want it, and treat yourself it if you do. Deprivation leads to intense cravings which lead to binges, which is why low carb gets a bad rep. It's not a few extra carbs every now and then that lead people who have been successful to regain their lost weight. It's tiny indulgences that spiral out of control.

My point.. don't beat yourself up and think you need to stay on track 100% of the time. You don't (unless you really want to). Feed your body from a place of love and acceptance and it will treat you well. It's when you hate your body and "feed" your emotional problems that your health becomes comprimised. A healthy, happy life is all about balance! :)

Replies

• erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Some folks can eat off plan and be fine, others (like me) consider themselves in recovery from food addiction or an unhealthy relationship with food, still others are here because LCHF is healing their medical conditions. I'm glad you have found balance in allowing yourself high carb foods, but for some of us it's a really dangerous choice.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Agree with all. Life is too short. Enjoy something if you know you can do it and if it helps you get back on track the next day, but also know that the devil is in the distractions. I'm probably one who would prefer to try to stick to no cheating on high-carb stuff, but mostly because I like to have a glass or two of red wine at least one night a week. So I'd rather do that. We all have our battles. Do what works for you :)

Congrats on moving past the plateau!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    MEG924 wrote: »
    is somehow what finally broke my month long "stall" and I lost 1 lb this week!!!
    A healthy, happy life is all about balance! :)
    Congratulations. I reckon we could write a short list of the common, successful approaches to weight loss, and healthy minds and bodies. Some complimentary, some opposites, and all working for different people. It's so great this worked for you, and gives you another self caring tool on your way forward. Awesome.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I also can't eat off plan; however, in my personal experience I have found that it is better to feed a craving than fight it. I do this by finding a LCHF recipe for whatever it is I am craving. I whip it up at home and then am able to satisfy my craving AND keep on plan. Win win!