Vegan runner friends!

Options
yogaveg
yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
Hey guys, I'm looking for more vegan runners to add on mfp. I'm an injured runner but once I get medically cleared I'll be training for a half marathon or possibly a 25k trail race in the fall. Would love to support you guys and see more runners on my feed!

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but wanted to make sure you'd heard of Scott Jurek and knew he wrote a book called Eat and Run. He is a vegan ultra runner, and in the book he discusses some of his challenges and includes a recipe each chapter.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    I'm not vegan, but wanted to make sure you'd heard of Scott Jurek and knew he wrote a book called Eat and Run. He is a vegan ultra runner, and in the book he discusses some of his challenges and includes a recipe each chapter.

I'm not vegan but I loved his book
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not vegan either. But, I am seriously contemplating making a move in that direction. I have cut out all red meat, pork, and dairy (expect cheese, that's a hard one for me). The next logical step is getting rid of poultry and fish. But baby steps I guess. I am currently training for a 50K in a couple of months and then a full marathon in the fall. and pretty much always have a race on the schedule. You can add me on here if you want. I'm also on Strava if you use that service.

By the way I loved Scott Jurek's book as well as Rich Roll's Finding Ultra.
  • vgnrnr
    vgnrnr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan -- would love more runner friends on here. Trying to shed some unnecessary pounds before my next race.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for several years before adding in some eggs. (I have my own hens.) I had no difficulty with the diet and running big miles.

For what it's worth, I actually spoke to Scott Jurek about suggestions for eating on trail runs, a decade or so ago. He was vague, but pleasant. We were both running trails near Foresthill California. Not only was he faster, he was taller than me and had better hair.
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My brush with greatness at this year's Boston Marathon expo. And yes, he is so tall!

wendy%20and%20scott%20jurek.jpg
  • katelaurel390
    katelaurel390 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined this group, but I'm a vegan runner! I'll add you :)
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 3 years! I’m always training for my next marathon. I hope to run an ultra this year. My diary is open to friends and I also have a Strava account of anyone is interested.