Base Mileage

codename_steve
codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
When you aren't training for a specific race, what is the mileage you try to maintain per week?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    20-25
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    My current average base the past 8 weeks is about 45 miles a week, I typically get between 38 & 55 miles per week depending on time with a 10-15 mile long run. I run 6 days a week.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    Good question. Looking forward to hearing the replies.

I try to maintain between 32-40 miles with 6 days/wk, but lately it's been closer to 25 miles and 5-6 days. My main goal is to be able to run (not race) a half marathon at any given time.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Good question. Looking forward to hearing the replies.

I try to maintain between 32-40 miles with 6 days/wk, but lately it's been closer to 25 miles and 5-6 days. My main goal is to be able to run (not race) a half marathon at any given time.

I think my goal will be similar; to maintain half marathon at any time. Currently I have 3 weeks until my full marathon training plan starts and I'm aiming to maintain 30-35. I think after the full I'll try to maintain 35-40 and focus on making some gains in speed and lifting.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    About 55 mpw
  • runbabarun
    runbabarun Posts: 89 Member
    I do 25-32 from spring to winter. About 20 during winter. Now that I'm training for a marathon I've been at 35-40 range and increasing.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited June 2016
    35. I think... it's been so long since I haven't been in an active training cycle... I was going to be off one a couple weeks, ago, but then I signed up for another marathon :#
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    I had to look back at my history. It looks like the last time I wasn't injured and wasn't training for anything in particular, I varied between 30 and 40 miles per week. I think I'd like to be closer to 40, but "normal" weeks are few and far between.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    30ish I always like to be ready to run a half marathon on a whim.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    edited June 2016
    Looking at my runningahead account, it looks like about 32 miles per week (varies between 30-35), but one run of between 8-10 miles is really pretty intense (as in tempo or lactate threshold runs). Like @pobalita above, I like to run anything from a 4K to half marathon on a whim (though to be honest I could just about do a marathon on a whim and enjoy it).

MM 11112, HF 14276, DA 2335
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Coming back from an injury, so holding at 40 with a fair amount of cycling, too. I've managed 50+ for almost 20 years.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    25-30, typically across 4 runs in a week with 10 of that being in a long run. I like half marathons and when I go back into race-training mode, I hate having to rebuild from a 7 or 8 mile long run starting point.