Birthday party

Options
becca_and_cats
becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
I quickly wanted to share about my day! My boyfriend and I went to his little sister's birthday party. She is 9, so of course there was plenty of cake, ice cream, candy, and soda. I politely declined all of the sweets, and instead just had one slice of pizza + some strawberries to satisfy my sweet tooth. Normally, I would've had a slice of cake, a cup of ice cream, coke, AND some candy. But I was successfully able to say NO. 6 days with NO sugar + counting! I hope everyone is else doing great!

Replies

• teenytinysquirrels
    teenytinysquirrels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's great! I would have SUCH a hard time not trying to justify why I should devour cake at a birthday party. Excellent work! How does 6 days feel so far?
  • becca_and_cats
    Options
    It was HARD, but I was able to stay strong! These 6 days have been a bit difficult, but rewarding. I think having a steadfast rule (nothing over 5 g of sugar, for me) makes it so easy to follow.
  • atlrox2285
    atlrox2285 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! I was at a party today and felt the same way-- but fruit is a godsend for the sweet tooth! Watermelon and strawberries are my go tos. I'm so happy you've made it this far :blush: how are you feeling? I've noticed I feel better every day without sugar:)
  • becca_and_cats
    Options
    Watermelon is amazing too! A sprinkling of salt makes it taste even sweeter :)

I am feeling great! Still going strong. I notice that I'm less irritable (though I am still a bit irritable due to PMS right now...). I also notice I am sleeping better. I think the soda with dinner would always keep me from getting a good nights sleep.

What about y'all? Any noticeable changes??
  • teenytinysquirrels
    teenytinysquirrels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just realized today that I feel pretty good! Haha. I had a Sunday full of high-energy cleaning and organizing and now I am wondering if that came from eating better. I am definitely going to keep it up! It hasn't been as difficult as I was expecting.
  • becca_and_cats
    Options
    I feel the same way! It has not been as difficult as I expected.