Not your everyday rotisserie

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    That's cool, but what is that on the spit?
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Looks like possum lol
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That's Porky pig!
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Very Cool.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

that's what a whole bacon looks like!

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Out here on the ranch we are raising a pig for just such an occasion...I almost wish I had a hydro power to turn a spit! I guess I'll have to be happy with going solar for now...
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Out here on the ranch we are raising a pig for just such an occasion...I almost wish I had a hydro power to turn a spit! I guess I'll have to be happy with going solar for now...

This is my opportunity to share a story from when I lived in Australia in the 1970's. (I went on a lark back when the Aussie government was paying people with certain work skills to move there.) A flatmate grew up on a cattle station and had many animals for pets, including the runt of a pig litter. She knitted it little sweaters, played with it and named it "Biddy the Piglet." After a couple of years, Margaret went away to boarding school. When she came home for her first holiday, her parents solemnly informed her that Biddy had met and married a handsome young boar from another, far away, station. Margaret was sad she hadn't had a chance to say goodbye but realized that this was a normal part of life as young ladies grow up.

Margaret told me she was almost in her teens before it dawned on her that they had eaten Biddy for bacon that Christmas.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

that's what a whole bacon looks like!

Whole Hog!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie Pig!